The Student Room Group

(manu)vering through year 12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilynxlan
maybe i'll have nutella at a stretch, but then again I don't really like nutella.

how can you not like nutella omg
Original post by entertainmyfaith
how can you not like nutella omg

It's more of an intolerance to strong chocolately tastes than a genuine dislike. I also tend to avoid it as a friend is allergic to nuts and I rather not nearly kill her.
Original post by emilynxlan
It's more of an intolerance to strong chocolately tastes than a genuine dislike. I also tend to avoid it as a friend is allergic to nuts and I rather not nearly kill her.

oh, fair enough then!
it could be worse:yep:
glad to hear i'm not alone with how slow i'm being with my hw!
you clearly like your sandwiches:teehee:

:gah: ham and cheese toasties are the best:yep: (especially if you add a bit of mustard!)

:hugs: here if you ever need to talk:smile:
(also I spotted a post about Nutella- eughhh I hate it!)
Original post by Toastiekid
:gah: ham and cheese toasties are the best:yep: (especially if you add a bit of mustard!)

:hugs: here if you ever need to talk:smile:
(also I spotted a post about Nutella- eughhh I hate it!)

yess omg! mustard is so good!
:hugs:
how can you hate nutella smh:noway:
yess omg! mustard is so good!
how can you hate nutella smh:noway:

agreed:gah:
:lovehug:
I just don’t like the texture and I’m not the biggest nut fan (I’ll eat some not others)
sorry molly:cry::laugh:
ah thank you:hugs:
smoked salmon and cream cheese yes pls

:lovehug::lovehug:

hello hello

i'm just gonna do a quick overview of the week in terms of subjects n all that, if there's anything interesting it'll be in this post somewhere.

psychology:
we continued w attachments w ward, looked at some case studies and put them in flashcard form:smile:
with the other teacher we were looking at the msm model but esp looking at short term and long term memory and the studies that prove that separate stores exist

maths:
surds with smith- problem solving was quite challenging, she gave us the questions as hw but i think i'm going to have to ask for help w some of the questions on monday :unsure: rationalising surds was ok.
simultaneous equations with jewson, the problem solving ****ed me over also:facepalm:

english lit:
we did a kinda essay last week with walker on an unseen extract about transgression, got it back marked today; she really liked my alternative interpretations and analysis but said to remember to use quotes:colondollar: went over elements of crime again; feel like the teacher's not adding much though herself which is annoying me a little:dontknow:
tragedy w crick; i can't really remember what we did! oh yes, i had to make a poster on reinassance for hw on marlowe and shakespeare.

got pulled out of a lesson to sign a form to have a copy of my english lang 2 exam script back as apparently it was one of the highest marks in the year and they wanted to use it for exemplars and stuff:eek:
frees have been feeling a bit lonely recently but that's ok:dontknow:

today i had oxfam volunteering and there's been a big change in the way the system's been going so like we have to do different things now which frankly i prefer as it got so boring pricing tagging clothes for an hour. helped a nice old lady in the shop today, she ended up having a 10 min convo with me about school:lol:

went home, wrote up some psychology revision notes and attempted maths hw. feel like i haven't been productive at all today :frown:
sixth form's been a bit isolating for me recently so it's got me a bit down, focus on the work i guess anyway:dontknow::frown:

preferred sandwich filling?

Spoiler

Heyy girl xx
I haven’t been online as much, but I’m so proud of all the work ur doing and I’m rooting for youu :smile:
always focus on the work, but give yourself some rest time and breaks x
you deserve it
Original post by roseprincessx
Heyy girl xx
I haven’t been online as much, but I’m so proud of all the work ur doing and I’m rooting for youu :smile:
always focus on the work, but give yourself some rest time and breaks x
you deserve it

hiya!
nah it's fine, perfectly understandable if you have other commitments:yep:

will try to:yep:
tuna's ok:teehee:

yeah, it's a bit of an acquired taste :teehee:

i need to make these updates more frequent as posting once a week ends up being really long and i feel like people don't want to read it:unsure: and then i forget half the things i do during the week also:giggle:
buuut i have a few non-academic and hopefully interesting things to say so....

psychology:
we've finished the human aspect of attachment, and now we're looking at animals and see if their case studies can be really reflected on human behaviour. we looked at this study that involved monkeys a long time ago and watched a 25 min video on it... found it a tad upsetting to watch as obviously it was very cruel towards them and screwed them up long-term; not that the scientist cared about boundaries. (eejit.) at least there's lots i can say about the experiment ethically because there's so much wrong with it:noway: if you are curious about it click on this and scroll down to monkey studies
we're still doing memory with tranter, though we did start looking at research methods towards the end of the week.

maths:
did polynomials with smith, factorising cubics etc. i think my problem solving skills are getting a bit better... but idk. with jewson we were recapping perpendicular and straight lines- the sheet she gave us to do for homework was strangely manageable to do:dontknow: think we're doing circles on a graph next week or the week after where the centre isn't always (0,0) :hide:

english literature:
this subject's becoming a slog and it's irritating me so much. i feel like i'm getting nowhere and any wider reading i do feels like a chore; was so sure i was gonna do english lit a-level at gcse but now i'm doing it i'm having so many doubts about the subject. both teachers were not present for at least a single lesson this week so was mainly cover work and independent stuff and all that.

we were looking at this really violent play of shakespeare's; titus something and seeing if we could see moments reflected in other stories/movies. as it was extremely violent, it was a bit of a struggle- most of the filled in squares (which weren't many) had game of thrones so...
then today we did some research on the golden age of detective fiction; was okay, couldn't find a great deal about it and i'm still not confident on the crime genre at all. still don't know what to look for in certain texts.

non-academic stuff:
so i had a job interview on wednesday for a part time tutoring role; t'was more like my second interview as i had one over the phone and then was invited for another one. the two other candidates were teachers and like... adults, so clearly haing a better advantage than me. i did an english and maths test, teamwork stuff, another interview and was given an opportunity to help the kids and all that.
i was so nervous during the interview and couldn't answer one of the questions, don't think it could've gone any worse tbh. everything else was ok i guess.
went home and knew i would be getting a rejection in a few days, so i waited.
and yeah... today i got a call back from the place; my listening skills apparently were really good but it was clear i was nervous during the interview so that didn't help matters, my answers weren't very well developed and the lady said she'd liked to have seen me take more initiative when helping the kids- i only interacted with two so not a great impression. but yeah, i got rejected as expected.

did some homework today- revised a bit of psychology as we have assessments next week and the week after:cry: did some critical reading and typed up some more notes on nietzsche. just feel like everything's hopeless atm and not really going the way i want it to. never feel like i'm doing enough work and i feel like nothing interesting happens in my life so i don't know what to talk about with peoplre anymore.

my atonement and clockwork orange books were delivered this week so that was nice.

sorry this is so depressing to read :frown:

qotd: what phone do you have?
i have a samsung s6:redface:

Spoiler

i need to make these updates more frequent as posting once a week ends up being really long and i feel like people don't want to read it:unsure: and then i forget half the things i do during the week also:giggle:
buuut i have a few non-academic and hopefully interesting things to say so....

psychology:
we've finished the human aspect of attachment, and now we're looking at animals and see if their case studies can be really reflected on human behaviour. we looked at this study that involved monkeys a long time ago and watched a 25 min video on it... found it a tad upsetting to watch as obviously it was very cruel towards them and screwed them up long-term; not that the scientist cared about boundaries. (eejit.) at least there's lots i can say about the experiment ethically because there's so much wrong with it:noway: if you are curious about it click on this and scroll down to monkey studies
we're still doing memory with tranter, though we did start looking at research methods towards the end of the week.

maths:
did polynomials with smith, factorising cubics etc. i think my problem solving skills are getting a bit better... but idk. with jewson we were recapping perpendicular and straight lines- the sheet she gave us to do for homework was strangely manageable to do:dontknow: think we're doing circles on a graph next week or the week after where the centre isn't always (0,0) :hide:

english literature:
this subject's becoming a slog and it's irritating me so much. i feel like i'm getting nowhere and any wider reading i do feels like a chore; was so sure i was gonna do english lit a-level at gcse but now i'm doing it i'm having so many doubts about the subject. both teachers were not present for at least a single lesson this week so was mainly cover work and independent stuff and all that.

we were looking at this really violent play of shakespeare's; titus something and seeing if we could see moments reflected in other stories/movies. as it was extremely violent, it was a bit of a struggle- most of the filled in squares (which weren't many) had game of thrones so...
then today we did some research on the golden age of detective fiction; was okay, couldn't find a great deal about it and i'm still not confident on the crime genre at all. still don't know what to look for in certain texts.

non-academic stuff:
so i had a job interview on wednesday for a part time tutoring role; t'was more like my second interview as i had one over the phone and then was invited for another one. the two other candidates were teachers and like... adults, so clearly haing a better advantage than me. i did an english and maths test, teamwork stuff, another interview and was given an opportunity to help the kids and all that.
i was so nervous during the interview and couldn't answer one of the questions, don't think it could've gone any worse tbh. everything else was ok i guess.
went home and knew i would be getting a rejection in a few days, so i waited.
and yeah... today i got a call back from the place; my listening skills apparently were really good but it was clear i was nervous during the interview so that didn't help matters, my answers weren't very well developed and the lady said she'd liked to have seen me take more initiative when helping the kids- i only interacted with two so not a great impression. but yeah, i got rejected as expected.

did some homework today- revised a bit of psychology as we have assessments next week and the week after:cry: did some critical reading and typed up some more notes on nietzsche. just feel like everything's hopeless atm and not really going the way i want it to. never feel like i'm doing enough work and i feel like nothing interesting happens in my life so i don't know what to talk about with peoplre anymore.

my atonement and clockwork orange books were delivered this week so that was nice.

sorry this is so depressing to read :frown:

qotd: what phone do you have?
i have a samsung s6:redface:

Spoiler

I got a Samsung S7 :s-smilie:
Sorry to hear about the job thing, I'm sure something will come your way
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
I got a Samsung S7 :s-smilie:
Sorry to hear about the job thing, I'm sure something will come your way

a marginally better model than mine:lol:
ah i hope so:hugs:
The monkeys:frown:
Do agree with you about not doing enough work- partly feel like there's not enough work for me to do compared to May/June and I'm not sure what I'm meant to be doing out of lessons, and partly like there's too much to do and it's a never-ending heap:bricks:
Guess they were right about this jump then:redface: If you're feeling really overwhelmed, are there any teachers you're close to you could talk to? Always here to talk if you need to:hugs:
Honestly, I don't think much happens in most people's lives and I don't know many teenagers with exciting lives, but whatever you choose to post about, be that homework or your damn shopping list, I'd read it:yep:
Keep at it with the jobs Manu! as my dad would say, "it's all about he experience" *rolls eyes*
:jumphug:
Original post by troubletracking
The monkeys:frown:
Do agree with you about not doing enough work- partly feel like there's not enough work for me to do compared to May/June and I'm not sure what I'm meant to be doing out of lessons, and partly like there's too much to do and it's a never-ending heap:bricks:
Guess they were right about this jump then:redface: If you're feeling really overwhelmed, are there any teachers you're close to you could talk to? Always here to talk if you need to:hugs:
Honestly, I don't think much happens in most people's lives and I don't know many teenagers with exciting lives, but whatever you choose to post about, be that homework or your damn shopping list, I'd read it:yep:
Keep at it with the jobs Manu! as my dad would say, "it's all about he experience" *rolls eyes*
:jumphug:

it's horrible:sadnod:
i'm just feeling like i'm stuck in the middle right now! i'm not overwhelmed yet but i will think about talking to a teacher if it gets worse:yep:
it's horrible:sadnod:
i'm just feeling like i'm stuck in the middle right now! i'm not overwhelmed yet but i will think about talking to a teacher if it gets worse:yep:

Aw hope you find your footing soon:yes: think everyone's feeling a little weird after such a big change:lovehug:
Original post by troubletracking
Aw hope you find your footing soon:yes: think everyone's feeling a little weird after such a big change:lovehug:

prsom:lovehug:
@entertainmyfaith
Well done with your progress.

Spoiler

Original post by MaizieAmyr
@entertainmyfaith
Well done with your progress.

Spoiler

thank you:hugs: though i haven't made that much:lol:
still a good phone:thumbsup: (or not... i don't know if i trust iphones:lol:)
thank you:hugs: though i haven't made that much:lol:
still a good phone:thumbsup: (or not... i don't know if i trust iphones:lol:)

It's just so smol compared to everyone elses phones. I like it tbh, big phones annoy me. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending