where do I go from here?

Watch this thread
StanaRachDE
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm 18 and fresh out of college how do I become a homocide detective. I have been having some changes of career and trying to find a new career choice, just another's option for me to try before definitely deciding on what to do with my life.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StanaRachDE)
I'm 18 and fresh out of college how do I become a homocide detective. I have been having some changes of career and trying to find a new career choice, just another's option for me to try before definitely deciding on what to do with my life.
Changes of career at 18! Anyway, have a look on the met police website for example and see what types of careers and routes there are. You can then work out what interests you. You can also get some work experience I think which will help.
ameliadanielew
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StanaRachDE)
So I went to an apprenticeship fair at my school and I spoke to two police officers there and they told me that to become a homocide detective I need to:
1) Apply for a CKP (Certificate of Knowledge in Policing) exam which costs slightly over a grand.
2) The exam has four components (if I remember correctly) and they are maths, English, role-play and fitness.
3) If you fail one of the components then you have to retake your CKP in 6 months or more.
4) You'll be a police officer (after training which is after your CKP) for at least two years before they move your position to detective.
This is just what I have been told and what I roughly remember so some of this may be slightly incorrect or different in other places, so I'm not saying this is for definite : )
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
Changes of career at 18! Anyway, have a look on the met police website for example and see what types of careers and routes there are. You can then work out what interests you. You can also get some work experience I think which will help.
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
16.17%
The paper was reasonable (180)
48.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (93)
25.07%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
10.24%

Watched Threads