The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Novak22
Any International Students have got interviews so far, please post so we all can be updated.

I've gotten interviews to Newcastle, King's and Manchester
Interview from Cardiff
Rejection from Cambridge
Waiting on Imperial and Nottingham
Original post by luluxo
I've gotten interviews to Newcastle, King's and Manchester

Congrats! When is your King’s interview? I have got mine on the 29th of January
Reply 43
Original post by asfffffff
Congrats! When is your King’s interview? I have got mine on the 29th of January

Me too haha but I might change it because of my other interviews...I don't wanna make more than one trip lol
Hi there i just want a bit of perspective over my stats (which I feel are all over the place) and I'm applying as an international student for Medicine
IGCSEs: 4A*s, 5As and 1B
AS levels: 3As (Bio, Chem, Maths), 1D (French - a very challenging a level for non native speakers)
Predicted A levels: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 2460 Band 3
BMAT: 3.7, 5, 3.5A

Universities:
1. Queen Mary's University London
Course: Medicine
Interview: Pending

2. University of Leeds

3. Keele University

4. University of Plymouth
Interview: Offered

5. Newcastle University
Course: Biomedical Sciences
Offer: Recieved
Scholarship: 25% scholarship

My questions are, (if i get offered a place at plymouth) should I accept plymouth's offer for Medicine or should I do a year of Biomed at Newcastle and try for transfer from Biomed to Medicine with better ukcat scores? I already have a scholarship from Newcastle which helps. Do you guys think I could get into Newcastle A100 (with transfer) with my A-Level grades?

I have solid volunteering experience and I am also the Vice President for the student group representing one of SE asias biggest charity groups. I have good ethical ground, having done Religious Studies at IGCSE and my teachers have no worries about my interview skills from mock interviews that we have had.
Original post by nightcrosss
Hi there i just want a bit of perspective over my stats (which I feel are all over the place) and I'm applying as an international student for Medicine
IGCSEs: 4A*s, 5As and 1B
AS levels: 3As (Bio, Chem, Maths), 1D (French - a very challenging a level for non native speakers)
Predicted A levels: A*A*A*
UKCAT: 2460 Band 3
BMAT: 3.7, 5, 3.5A

Universities:
1. Queen Mary's University London

2. University of Leeds

3. Keele University

4. University of Plymouth
Interview: Offered

5. Newcastle University
Course: Biomedical Sciences
Offer: Recieved
Scholarship: 25% scholarship

My questions are, (if i get offered a place at plymouth) should I accept plymouth's offer for Medicine or should I do a year of Biomed at Newcastle and try for transfer from Biomed to Medicine with better ukcat scores? I already have a scholarship from Newcastle which helps. Do you guys think I could get into Newcastle A100 (with transfer) with my A-Level grades?

I have solid volunteering experience and I am also the Vice President for the student group representing one of SE asias biggest charity groups. I have good ethical ground, having done Religious Studies at IGCSE and my teachers have no worries about my interview skills from mock interviews that we have had.

if you get an offer for medicine, take it.
don't waste it because so many people want that one spot, and it doesn't matter what medical school you go to really, a medical degree is a medical degree.
Original post by zkhosravi
Interview from Cardiff
Rejection from Cambridge
Waiting on Imperial and Nottingham

what were your stats?
Original post by helpmenow_
what were your stats?

IBMYP (did not take GCSEs) : 54/56
Predicted : 41/42 (school doesn’t predict core points for EE and TOK smh)
UKCAT : 2380 band 2 :frown:
BMAT : 3.4 3.6 3A :frown: probably getting rejected from imperial too with these
Got an interview from Nottingham, not sure how to calculate my score out of 56 cuz I didn’t do GCSEs
Should I call admissions concerning whether or not I got an interview? I know it's not really good to do that but I'm trying to plan a trip to fit as many as possible. Trying to reduce airfare costs.
Original post by BigBroaz
Should I call admissions concerning whether or not I got an interview? I know it's not really good to do that but I'm trying to plan a trip to fit as many as possible. Trying to reduce airfare costs.

Yeah definitely - I kept emailing them constantly
Pre Brexit there are 3 classes of Students :
Home , EU and International. Most universities Consider Home or EU as same but both have slightly different fee structures. To qualify as a Home or EU , You should not only hold a citzenship ( Passport) of UK or EU country but you should also have teh permanat residence for at least 3 years before the year of your admission in that country
I am not sure but I dont think they will consider you Home student from UK.
did you call themm?
Any updates? Offers? Interviews?
Us international students are always left in the dark...

i have an offer from newcastle

are you from makaysia?

i ve got inteview from qub. nottingham didnt said anything yet. 2 pre interview rejections. wbu?
Original post by Hammad Dogar
are you from makaysia?

no mate, dubai

Congratssss!!!
no mate, dubai

same, I live in dubai too lol
You do the IB?

Latest

Trending