The Student Room Group

Questions regarding Computer Science

I'm having problems with trying to balance the time divided for subs I'm giving on AS Jan 19 (the subs: Phys, Chem and Maths) and Comp Sci which I'm giving on May 19. So my question: I plan to finish P1 this year and P2 after my exams since I will have a lot more time to concentrate on Comp Sci. Will it be a good idea to follow this plan? Will I have time to solve past QPs if I can finish P2 within 1.5 or 2 months?

Thanks in advance!

I posted this under the Study help forum didn't get any response so I posted here again! I'm so sorry.
(edited 5 years ago)
hey :wavey:
Sorry to hear you didn't get a response last time. This forum is the better place to post though so that's probably why!
Regarding your problem, this seems reasonable as paper 2 is generally considered to be the easier paper and studying 50% of your AS paper when you only have 1 subject over 2 months or so is definitely possible. You'd probably want to get some pseudo code practise in before (as that is a significant part of paper 2 you won't be able to do without and it may be tricky to pick up quickly)
Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
hey :wavey:
Sorry to hear you didn't get a response last time. This forum is the better place to post though so that's probably why!
Regarding your problem, this seems reasonable as paper 2 is generally considered to be the easier paper and studying 50% of your AS paper when you only have 1 subject over 2 months or so is definitely possible. You'd probably want to get some pseudo code practise in before (as that is a significant part of paper 2 you won't be able to do without and it may be tricky to pick up quickly)

thanks for the advice! by the way, what programming languages should I start so, later on, I won't have probs in getting used to the coding part?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by wasitaha
g o

thanks for the advice! by the way, what programming languages should I start so, later on, I won't have probs in getting used to the coding part?

Tbh there isn't really much programming in the AS. Pseudo code is most similar to python but python isn't a great language to use in industry etc. Something like C# or maybe java would be better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending