The Student Room Group

how early can I move into student accommodation.

I can't stand being at home anymore, how early can I move into student accommodation?
Reply 1
Original post by gaab123
I can't stand being at home anymore, how early can I move into student accommodation?

Depends entirely on when your accommodation contract starts. Usually it's just a few days before Freshers week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gaab123

If you've been allocated your accommodation, you should have been given a contract and your parents shouldve been given a guarantor form , both of which have the dates for your tenancy on them
Reply 3
thanks for replies guys :wink:
problem is I haven't got any contract or any information about accommodation. I contacted different people who got into same uni which is York and they haven't got that either.
Reply 4
Original post by gaab123
problem is I haven't got any contract or any information about accommodation. I contacted different people who got into same uni which is York and they haven't got that either.

You probably won't get a contract until some time after Results Day and places are confirmed.
Reply 5
Original post by gaab123

Assuming that you're going for uni halls :generally, something like this happens:

1) You receive information from the uni accommodation service asking you to apply for accommodation
2) You choose the accommodation and send off your application (usually you pick several and hope they allocate you one of those)
3) some time later, they will email back confirming which accommodation you have
4) At that point, you either accept the accommodation- where you will then have to sort out payment, guarantor forms etc, or reject the accommodation and look for somewhere else. At this point, if you accept, you'll find out the accommodation dates.

A lot of halls do summer rent though:
* if you can afford it, call up the uni halls at york and ask if they do summer rent- often they will do it for students that are going/ will go to the uni, but this will cost you extra on top of the rent you pay for the academic year.*

- You can choose any halls for summer rent- you don't have to do it at the halls you will be in during term time. You will obviously have to move your stuff to your term time halls though for the academic year if you choose a different one.
Reply 6
Original post by gaab123
York

https://www.york.ac.uk/about/departments/support-and-admin/accommodation/faq/#

When can I move into my room?

The dates of your room booking are shown in the booking details. You can print these booking details from e:Vision

More information about arrival times will be published on college pages nearer to the start of the academic year

If you plan to arrive earlier than this, you'll need to arrange alternative accommodation by contacting either:

You can find more information about arriving and starting at the University on our welcome pages, including what to bring.

Quick Reply

Latest