The Student Room Group

Final year of university - going to miss it so much.

So I've been at university for 3 years, and I'm going into my final year this September, which mean Uni will have been a part of my life for 4 years. It's played such a massive role in who I am today and so many of my life experiences and lessons have been at uni and memories that I wont forget. I started first year in 2015 and it was by far the most eventful year of my life. I still get massive nostalgia from first year.

I just know that this entire year is going to go so quickly and eventually everyone will have to move on and go out and live in the real world and get jobs and I just don't want it to be over yet. It's not even going to be that enjoyable as everyones going to be working hard as most of the people I know who are there with me are doing masters and I'm doing my dissertation.

It just feels like yesterday when I moved into halls and I met my flatmates, having no clue of what the future held for me and no life experience. God, I'm gonna be so bummed when it's totally over for good.

Anyone else feel this?
Original post by eatyaownass
So I've been at university for 3 years, and I'm going into my final year this September, which mean Uni will have been a part of my life for 4 years. It's played such a massive role in who I am today and so many of my life experiences and lessons have been at uni and memories that I wont forget. I started first year in 2015 and it was by far the most eventful year of my life. I still get massive nostalgia from first year.

I just know that this entire year is going to go so quickly and eventually everyone will have to move on and go out and live in the real world and get jobs and I just don't want it to be over yet. It's not even going to be that enjoyable as everyones going to be working hard as most of the people I know who are there with me are doing masters and I'm doing my dissertation.

It just feels like yesterday when I moved into halls and I met my flatmates, having no clue of what the future held for me and no life experience. God, I'm gonna be so bummed when it's totally over for good.

Anyone else feel this?

Uni is most people's first experience of living on their own and building a life for themselves so moving on is hard. The key is to work out a plan for what next and who you want to keep in touch with. Make sure that you also have a plan for keeping in touch with family and friends back home irrespective of where you go next. We are actually quite resilient as humans and everyone goes through periods of change so things will work out in the end. This will also prepare you for bigger changes to come later.
Do a PhD, you get another 3-4 years of uni, except you get paid for it :tongue:
Reply 3

Anyone else feel this?

Hi,

Yes I completely agree with you I finished this year and I do miss it. I am an international student and aren’t able to see my friends. I am now going back to University to study a masters because I do enjoy studying and hopefully I’ll be able to see some of my old friends too!

Anyone else feel this?

Several years later and I still miss it loads
Would you recommend moving away from home then? Im still unsure if i want to but i do really want the ‘uni experience’
Reply 6
Original post by temitayo_xo
Would you recommend moving away from home then? Im still unsure if i want to but i do really want the ‘uni experience’

100%, I was nervous about moving away and I'm so glad I did. Best time of my life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending