Which medical schools accept transfers due to extenuating circumstances?

Watch
metico
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
I am a medical student who would like to transfer to a different medical school due to circumstances involving illness. I would like to know which universities accept transfers due to extenuating circumstances. If anyone has experience or knowledge of the transfer process, please let me know.
I live in Scotland and I currently go to university in central England (London) but I would like to transfer closer to home so that I can get assistance from my parents and the medical team up here.
I contacted all the Scottish universities and Edinburgh was the only university which accepts transfers due to extenuating circumstances. Right now it is the 12th of August and apparently it is too late to create a transfer application for September so I suppose I will have to try next year if I have any chance here!
I am currently in the process of contacting universities in England. Leeds had said that they accept transfers under extreme extenuating circumstances. They also said that I would have to apply through the university I am at, asking for a reference. Failure to progress in a current degree would stop an applicant from transferring.
Yeahwhat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They normally don't release such information on transfers. I think unis offer them on a case by case basis.
username334839
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know for a fact that Liverpool have acepted transfers in the past under extenuating circumstances
metico
Rep:
?
I would think that every application is considered on a case by case basis.
They often have this kind of information on the FAQs or the admissions policy document, and unfortunately, most universities say no to transfers.
(Original post by Boss987)
They normally don't release such information on transfers. I think unis offer them on a case by case basis.
metico
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cravez)
I know for a fact that Liverpool have acepted transfers in the past under extenuating circumstances
Cheers. I emailed them a couple of days ago and I am still waiting for their reply, might as well just call them.
metico
Rep:
?
I contacted Liverpool. It turns out that they don't accept transfers.
metico
Rep:
?
Does anyone know of a medical school which accepts transfers apart from the ones mentioned? Also what would qualify as extenuating circumstances?
metico
Rep:
?
Belfast can accept transfers on receipt of extenuating circumstances. Exeter accepts transfers.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xptrt3)
Belfast can accept transfers on receipt of extenuating circumstances. Exeter accepts transfers.
As someone at QUB, I’ve never heard of anyone doing this.
I would imagine you would need to be a “home” student ie. From NI to get transferred for exceptional circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (335)
55.65%
I don't have everything I need (267)
44.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise