can you apply for the same course at the same uni again in clearing? Watch

username1636523
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am under the assumption that you can be accepted onto a course via clearing even you have achieved lower the the grade requirements. My course is already on my first choice uni's published list on courses available in clearing. Therefore, if I miss my offer (God forbid) and am then rejected by my firm, can I apply for the same course at my first choice uni again via clearing with lower grades?
Hope this question even makes sense lool, thanks for your time.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by username1636523)
I am under the assumption that you can be accepted onto a course via clearing even you have achieved lower the the grade requirements. My course is already on my first choice uni's published list on courses available in clearing. Therefore, if I miss my offer (God forbid) and am then rejected by my firm, can I apply for the same course at my first choice uni again via clearing with lower grades?
If you miss your offer then your university will have time to consider whether to accept you with lower grades. It isn't an automatic rejection.

If you've been rejected on Track then contacting them to reapply for the course they've considered you for is a waste of your and their time. You can do it if you're a glutton for punishment but it's not worthwhile.
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by username1636523)
This isn't necessarily the case with clearing. Many unis in clearing won't drop the grades they want at all (although some will).

If you're holding a conditional offer and you don't achieve the grades, then the uni can still choose to accept you. On results day, unis will already have had your results for a few days, so if they choose to reject you, it's an informed decision and they won't change their mind on results day.

The only reason to ring them on results day is to give them new information.e.g. You're going for a priority remark.
University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi,

You can apply to your same course choice through UCAS clearing- give the universities a call and see if there are any spaces left- you might just be in luck. Strathclyde University clearing opening hours are as follows:

Thursday 16th August: 8am-7pm
Friday 17th August: 8am-6pm
Saturday 18th August: 9am-5pm

There will also be campus tours available on these dates at 10am and 2pm

Melissa- Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads