What are the prospects of a CS undergrad student for getting into Investment Banking

Watch
username4204582
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,
I maybe doing an Undergrad in Computer Science hopefully at a Russell group Uni.
A Banker who I spoke to said that you can get an Internship in an Investment Bank despite the degree. This is true ?

Most of my research shows that Investment Banks are only looking for students in their second year of undergrad and that too doing Economics or Engineering degrees. Does anyone know what view computer science is looked at ?

Also, Can someone please tell me if you can find an internship in an Investment bank during your first year as undergrad?

Thanks!
xtrembob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Read the post at the top of the IB forum.
You can study anything to get into Investment banking, the better the university the easier. Unis are classified into 3 tiers: targets, semi targets and non targets. All of this is explained all over the TSR IB forum and google.

you would usually do a summer in the summer before your graduation aka penultimate year summer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.6%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (798)
42.09%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads