Previous experiences with Fountain Hall/Portsmouth Student Accommodations Watch

Stanbara
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

Due to not having been accorded a room in the University halls, I opted for a private hall . I'm in the process of finalising my contract with them but on grounds of my only staying for a single term exchange they require the full rent for my stay in advance which amounts to a not inconsiderable sum. Maybe I'm being overly cautious but I'm more used to pay my rent on a monthly basis. I just wanted to ask if anyone here had previous dealings with them and if they are generally reliable?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Stanbara
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
subo_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I currently have a room at Fountain Hall which I am looking for someone to take. Initially, there were no rooms available on Campus in Portsmouth University, however, the next day I got an email saying there was an availability of a room on campus which I have decided to take.

- Halls & Room Type: Standard Single (Fountain Hall) £135pw includes breakfast and dinner
- 5 minutes walk to the University Library and buildings
- There's social space where there are comfortable spaces both interior and an exterior internal courtyard
- Can get a discount in the bar ‘The Blind Tiger’ and the Noodle Bar open until 2am
- £250 damages deposit must be paid and is non-refundable till the end of the tenancy agreement

Please contact me if you're interested.
guppal21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would not recommend fountain halls. The food is awful, the landlord is super unhelpful. It takes ages for anything to ever get sorted out there. My room had no heating for a week as the heater was broken and it never got fixed. It took them 4 days to provide me with a portable heater. My bathroom light also stopped working and it took 5 days to fix and 2 days for them to give me a key to another spare room so I could shower there. Its over priced for what you get!
TEGSarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by subo_)
I currently have a room at Fountain Hall which I am looking for someone to take. Initially, there were no rooms available on Campus in Portsmouth University, however, the next day I got an email saying there was an availability of a room on campus which I have decided to take.

- Halls & Room Type: Standard Single (Fountain Hall) £135pw includes breakfast and dinner
- 5 minutes walk to the University Library and buildings
- There's social space where there are comfortable spaces both interior and an exterior internal courtyard
- Can get a discount in the bar ‘The Blind Tiger’ and the Noodle Bar open until 2am
- £250 damages deposit must be paid and is non-refundable till the end of the tenancy agreement

Please contact me if you're interested.
Hey, when does your contract start and finish?
lanadelrey7991
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I'm a final year International Business student at Portsmouth. During my first year I too didnt get into halls which I was gutted about! I actually thought it would ruin my uni experience but I couldnt be more wrong! I ended up living in a house share which cost me £350 a month for a MASSIVE room (waaaay bigger than my room back home) if we add on bills i probably spent £400 a month. I had friends who lived in halls such as James Watson, Trafalgar and Harry Law so I was able to go to the flat parties but not pay nearly as much as actually living there. In terms of private halls, one of my close friends in first year went with Uni Life and hated it! The room was tiny and cost £600 per month yet she didnt even have a proper oven. I'd recommend a house share! Doesnt matter if you dont know people I promise your all have a love/hate relationship by the end of the year.

Enjoy being a fresher! trust me.... the 3/4 years at uni flies by!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
10.53%
They might tell the bully (3)
15.79%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
15.79%
It might lead to more bullying (6)
31.58%
There's nothing they could do (5)
26.32%

Watched Threads

Latest