The Student Room Group

EPQ and A level overlap!!

I do A Level Sociology, however I would like to discuss the relevance of Feminism in my EPQ, is this possible? Or am I better off focusing on a smaller branch of it so it definitely doesn't overlap?
Reply 1
From what I was told, the content of your EPQ should be related to your subject but go beyond the A-level curriculum. If you're really unsure you could ask the teacher in charge of EPQs at your school.
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
From what I was told, the content of your EPQ should be related to your subject but go beyond the A-level curriculum. If you're really unsure you could ask the teacher in charge of EPQs at your school.

Thank you for your response! I have emailed my tutor and hopefully she will give me some more insight
The restriction on A Level content is there so that people can't just pass off A Level work as an EPQ.

As the other poster said, it should be OK, so long as you go well out before the curriculum.
Someone in my school did a topic which overlapped a fair bit with his History A-level and ended up having to change the vast majority of his EPQ at the last minute. So I would steer clear of topics which overlap with A-level. Ask the main teacher who coordinates EPQ in your school about it as well.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest