The Student Room Group
lol
Get your mind together first. Make a plan. Talk to people and try to get some sort of idea on what to do after A Levels. Same for every day routines
No it won’t. I’m just tired of the fact that I don’t know what I want to do. Everyone knows, they have everything sorted out. I just wasted work experience.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
No it won’t. I’m just tired of the fact that I don’t know what I want to do. Everyone knows, they have everything sorted out. I just wasted work experience.

I would be a bit more positive about it. It is okay to not know what you'd like to do. Don't think that everyone has their life together because they really don't. Among the people I know, the ones that know what they would like to do are the ones that either have no choice (Family business, pressures etc...) or they have their life planned out. (these people are a small minority)

Most people at our age are just "treading" water. Perhaps they may think that they have it all together but they don't. Many put up a facade for other people and themselves. As cliche as this may sound: life is a long road with many twists and turns. Just because you feel like you have your life planned out right now, it doesn't mean that plans will be concrete for the rest of your life.

What I would do is to reflect upon your current interests or perhaps where you would like to lead your interests. Sometimes the most inane things may turn into a potential career or course choice. Try to have a more positive mindset when looking at life.

In terms of work experience, it might not be as wasteful as you thought it was. What were the negatives? and what were the positives?, if you know about this, it may help when you are applying for a job in the future etc...

Keep your head up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honesty, no one I know knew what they were doing with their life until their late 20s and some don't even now and it's all fine. All you can do is pursue what you enjoy and the rest will come later. Life's too short to do what you think you should do, only to find out you're unhappy and unfulfilled.
I'm 22 and 4 years through a degree course and I don't know what I want to do
Yeah, you think everyone knows what they want to do but rreally most of them have no clue when it comes to the job market.
It's not going to get better if you knock down other people's positive words and advice. Instead of saying it won't get better say it can get better and will get better.

Having such a negative mindset will really keep holding you back. Listen to the positive words you are receiving and use those to motivate yourself in life.

It will be alright in the end, you'll figure it out eventually. A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.
I'm 23 and going into my final year of a vocational degree, yet I don't know what I'm doing or where I'm going! My boyfriend has taught me that this is okay, just enjoy life in the moment and stop worrying about the future or what everyone else is doing or what you think you're 'supposed' to be doing.
Take a gap year and go travelling/volunteer/get a job? Or just apply to uni for a course you wanna do and see where it leads you? :dontknow:
Make a venn diagram.

Things ur really passionate at & Things u think ur good at

Take everything at the common zone, check google whether the demands on the market is high enough.
Like others have mentioned, adopt a more positive mindset maybe write stuff down which you want to achieve and set goals for yourself. I’m 20 in second year at uni and have no idea what to do once I graduate, just go with the flow.
Make a plan of what you want. Yes you want to go uni but want GAO year so find a job, save up for uni. Unless home situation is unbateable I wouldn’t advise leaving home until you can support yourself. The amount of arrogant teens that leave home only to realize that when real life hits you in the face , they appreciate having the safe environment of being at home. You don’t want to end up homeless or selling yourself to make ends meet

Latest

Trending

Trending