Turn on thread page Beta

Write a message to yourself for Thursday 16th August (A Level Results Day)💌 watch

• View Poll Results: What are your results day predictions? Good luck!!
    I've done so well I reckon I've met my firm offer!
    7.23%
    I think I've exceeded both my firm & insurance offers!
    4.82%
    I've missed my firm offer
    6.02%
    I've missed my firm but I think I've met my insurance offer!
    9.64%
    I've missed both offers
    15.66%
    I honestly don't know but we'll see what Thursday brings
    56.63%

ReputationRep:
    Write a message to yourself for Thursday (A Level results day) whether it's how to cope with your results, your predicted grades, or just a short message to tell yourself that you've worked very hard and your grades don't determine your worth as a person

Good luck for results day! 💖

ReputationRep:
    ya f'd up. But its ok a gap year is always an option

ReputationRep:
    Damn, you have made so many threads about results day lol.

Stop worrying, keep yourself busy and I’m sure everything will work together for the good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)

Stop worrying, keep yourself busy and I’m sure everything will work together for the good.
    ^^^ What this guy said!

If anything, taking a break from TSR as results day approaches isn’t a bad idea. Having it constantly occupy your thoughts gives you more stress than you need to.

TSR can be a wonderful support place, but take a breather if the constant student-talk is consuming you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon27)
    ya f'd up. But its ok a gap year is always an option
    Don’t feel bad. Whether you feel like you got your grades or not, always keep low expectations and a positive mindset.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Professional G)
    Don’t feel bad. Whether you feel like you got your grades or not, always keep low expectations and a positive mindset.
    Always aim for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professional G)
    My expectations are definitely low, but its all good. Can't feel disappointed if you're expecting the worst 😂🤷*♀️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon27)
    My expectations are definitely low, but its all good. Can't feel disappointed if you're expecting the worst 😂🤷*♀️
    That’s the spirit. Whether you get AAA or DDD, laugh it off cause you kept your low expectations. 😂

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happens is for the best.
    Feeling kind of nervous for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)

it's hard not to worry when you feel like you've failed everything thank you

ReputationRep:
    Heya Vic!

Whatever has happened today, don't beat yourself up over it. You're going to meet great people and do well wherever you've ended up. Every cloud has a silver lining and it is all too possible that you wouldn't have liked it at Oxford anyway. Remember that your teachers won't remember you either way. You've had a crazy couple of years, and you'll make some friends at university.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have left it last minute you prick

ReputationRep:
    Hey Kiki,

I hope today was good for you and you achieved higher than expected/expected grades you wanted. However, just know that no matter what grades you get, I'm proud of you and so are your parents (hopefully!) You were in a really bad place when you took your exams, something that was out of your control, so don't get too mad/upset at yourself. You're way too hard on yourself when it comes to your grades/education and you always try to be perfect but perfection can't always be achieved, and that's okay.

You worked really really hard (maybe too much) during your 2 years at college for your exams but your grades don't define you or how smart you are! If your grades aren't that good and you miss your firm (and/or insurance) offer, it's not the end of the world. You have so many options available to you - resit exams, gap year, apprenticeship, access course etc. This is just a setback which happens in life, and you will live through it and keep on fighting and you're going to do so well in your degree!

Stay strong and stay positive - you are stronger and smarter than you think!

Love Kiki, 13th August 2018 💖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as125)
    You shouldn't have left it last minute you prick

ReputationRep:
    I sat for the IAL exams in this year(May).Can anyone please explain how to make marks to a grade boundary! Big Help.Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin.US)
    I sat for the IAL exams in this year(May).Can anyone please explain how to make marks to a grade boundary! Big Help.Thanks
    Hi, you should post that in the A level thread. This is a thread for students who want to write messages to their future selves on Thursday (Results Day).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    ^^^ What this guy said!

If anything, taking a break from TSR as results day approaches isn’t a bad idea. Having it constantly occupy your thoughts gives you more stress than you need to.

TSR can be a wonderful support place, but take a breather if the constant student-talk is consuming you.
    It's ok, I don't mind talking to others about it. I'm trying to stay positive, hopefully Thursday will be fine and I'll be okay but if not I'll try and cope in the best way possible
    Spoiler:
    Show

by crying for 3 hours straight and eating loads of junk food lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiki213)
    It's ok, I don't mind talking to others about it. I'm trying to stay positive, hopefully Thursday will be fine and I'll be okay but if not I'll try and cope in the best way possible
    Spoiler:
    Show

by crying for 3 hours straight and eating loads of junk food lol
    Best of luck for your results day - Hopefully all this worry is for nothing and things go well for you

ReputationRep:
    Hey,I am in university now.
    Remember when you thought results day was going to be s**t?Well you were damn right,that and the following 3 days were the lowest point in my education so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralHybrid)
    Best of luck for your results day - Hopefully all this worry is for nothing and things go well for you
    I hope so too, thank you so much, good luck for you too (if you've taken A levels) 💖:hugs:

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.