The Student Room Group

Write a message to yourself for Thursday 16th August (A Level Results Day)💌

This poll is closed

What are your results day predictions? Good luck!! :)

I've done so well I reckon I've met my firm offer! :) 7%
I think I've exceeded both my firm & insurance offers! :) 5%
I've missed my firm offer :( 6%
I've missed my firm but I think I've met my insurance offer! :) 10%
I've missed both offers :( 16%
I honestly don't know but we'll see what Thursday brings :)57%
Total votes: 83
Write a message to yourself for Thursday (A Level results day) whether it's how to cope with your results, your predicted grades, or just a short message to tell yourself that you've worked very hard and your grades don't determine your worth as a person :smile:

Good luck for results day! 💖
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

ya f'd up. But its ok a gap year is always an option :smile:
Damn, you have made so many threads about results day lol.

Stop worrying, keep yourself busy and I’m sure everything will work together for the good.
Original post by MajorFader

Stop worrying, keep yourself busy and I’m sure everything will work together for the good.

^^^ What this guy said!

If anything, taking a break from TSR as results day approaches isn’t a bad idea. Having it constantly occupy your thoughts gives you more stress than you need to.

TSR can be a wonderful support place, but take a breather if the constant student-talk is consuming you.
Original post by lemon27
ya f'd up. But its ok a gap year is always an option :smile:

Don’t feel bad. Whether you feel like you got your grades or not, always keep low expectations and a positive mindset.
Original post by Professional G
Don’t feel bad. Whether you feel like you got your grades or not, always keep low expectations and a positive mindset.

Always aim for the best.
Original post by Professional G

My expectations are definitely low, but its all good. Can't feel disappointed if you're expecting the worst 😂🤷*♀️
Original post by lemon27
My expectations are definitely low, but its all good. Can't feel disappointed if you're expecting the worst 😂🤷*♀️

That’s the spirit. Whether you get AAA or DDD, laugh it off cause you kept your low expectations. 😂
Whatever happens is for the best.
Feeling kind of nervous for the first time.
Reply 9
Original post by MajorFader

it's hard not to worry when you feel like you've failed everything :frown: thank you
Heya Vic!

Whatever has happened today, don't beat yourself up over it. You're going to meet great people and do well wherever you've ended up. Every cloud has a silver lining and it is all too possible that you wouldn't have liked it at Oxford anyway. Remember that your teachers won't remember you either way. You've had a crazy couple of years, and you'll make some friends at university.
Reply 11
You shouldn't have left it last minute you prick
Reply 12
Hey Kiki,

I hope today was good for you and you achieved higher than expected/expected grades you wanted. However, just know that no matter what grades you get, I'm proud of you and so are your parents (hopefully!) You were in a really bad place when you took your exams, something that was out of your control, so don't get too mad/upset at yourself. You're way too hard on yourself when it comes to your grades/education and you always try to be perfect but perfection can't always be achieved, and that's okay.

You worked really really hard (maybe too much) during your 2 years at college for your exams but your grades don't define you or how smart you are! If your grades aren't that good and you miss your firm (and/or insurance) offer, it's not the end of the world. You have so many options available to you - resit exams, gap year, apprenticeship, access course etc. This is just a setback which happens in life, and you will live through it and keep on fighting and you're going to do so well in your degree!

Stay strong and stay positive - you are stronger and smarter than you think!

Love Kiki, 13th August 2018 💖
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by as125
You shouldn't have left it last minute you prick

I sat for the IAL exams in this year(May).Can anyone please explain how to make marks to a grade boundary! Big Help.Thanks
Reply 15
Original post by Kevin.US
I sat for the IAL exams in this year(May).Can anyone please explain how to make marks to a grade boundary! Big Help.Thanks

Hi, you should post that in the A level thread. This is a thread for students who want to write messages to their future selves on Thursday (Results Day).
Reply 16
Original post by FloralHybrid
^^^ What this guy said!

If anything, taking a break from TSR as results day approaches isn’t a bad idea. Having it constantly occupy your thoughts gives you more stress than you need to.

TSR can be a wonderful support place, but take a breather if the constant student-talk is consuming you.

It's ok, I don't mind talking to others about it. I'm trying to stay positive, hopefully Thursday will be fine and I'll be okay but if not I'll try and cope in the best way possible :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by kiki213
It's ok, I don't mind talking to others about it. I'm trying to stay positive, hopefully Thursday will be fine and I'll be okay but if not I'll try and cope in the best way possible :smile:

Spoiler

Best of luck for your results day - Hopefully all this worry is for nothing and things go well for you :smile:
Hey,I am in university now.
Remember when you thought results day was going to be s**t?Well you were damn right,that and the following 3 days were the lowest point in my education so far.
Reply 19
Original post by FloralHybrid
Best of luck for your results day - Hopefully all this worry is for nothing and things go well for you :smile:

I hope so too, thank you so much, good luck for you too (if you've taken A levels) :smile: 💖:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest