What subjects should I pick for next year?

Watch this thread
ronanlol
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I recently got my results for S5 and I’m a bit confused as to what I should be doing to boost my chances of getting to uni in S6.

I sat 5 highers, I got 3 As and a B in Spanish and failed Maths.

Of all things I was surprised about my B in Spanish as I was looking for an A - but I think I have an appeal there so who knows.

The main thing is that I am so unsure about resitting maths as I got an A at Nat5 and it isn’t a requirement for anything I’d like to do but I know it can be useful for stuff in the future?!

Originally I wanted to do law or international relations or even social policy with Spanish at Glasgow Uni but with 4 highers I don’t know wether I should be doing like another 4 highers or just maybe 2 more and 2 advanced highers?

Originally planned on doing higher accounting and politics as well as advanced higher english and Spanish in S6 but I’m open to all suggestions. So clueless right now so any help is appreciated!
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ronanlol)
I recently got my results for S5 and I’m a bit confused as to what I should be doing to boost my chances of getting to uni in S6.

I sat 5 highers, I got 3 As and a B in Spanish and failed Maths.

Of all things I was surprised about my B in Spanish as I was looking for an A - but I think I have an appeal there so who knows.

The main thing is that I am so unsure about resitting maths as I got an A at Nat5 and it isn’t a requirement for anything I’d like to do but I know it can be useful for stuff in the future?!

Originally I wanted to do law or international relations or even social policy with Spanish at Glasgow Uni but with 4 highers I don’t know wether I should be doing like another 4 highers or just maybe 2 more and 2 advanced highers?

Originally planned on doing higher accounting and politics as well as advanced higher english and Spanish in S6 but I’m open to all suggestions. So clueless right now so any help is appreciated!
:wavey:

Well done on your results!

If maths isn't a requirement for the courses and universities you want to apply to, then don't feel obliged to pick it!
If you have the opportunity to study some advanced highers, I would advise against doing another 4 highers, so what you've suggested doing sounds like a good option. That or you could do one AH and 3 highers- it's up to you really. If you check the entry requirements for the courses/unis you want to apply to, then you can check how they would view 4 highers in S5
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (14)
87.5%
No (1)
6.25%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
6.25%

Watched Threads