The Student Room Group

what do I do if I do really bad compared to my predicted grades

I feel as if one of my a level subjects has gone really bad and even though I have coursework to help increase my overall grade, I am still very afraid about what my results will be. what do I do if this nightmare does become true?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by falis2000
I feel as if one of my a level subjects has gone really bad and even though I have coursework to help increase my overall grade, I am still very afraid about what my results will be. what do I do if this nightmare does become true?

At this point the only thing you can do is wait and see what happens. Have you got a firm and insurance offer? You can also go through clearing so there are options.
Reply 2
I have both a firm and insurance but nerves are really starting to get to me now. I'm just getting so agitated about that day:afraid::afraid: it's really frustrating. I just am not sure what to do with clearing if it does lead to it. do I call all uni's individually or is there just one number
I have both a firm and insurance but nerves are really starting to get to me now. I'm just getting so agitated about that day:afraid::afraid: it's really frustrating. I just am not sure what to do with clearing if it does lead to it. do I call all uni's individually or is there just one number

Hi, there's a guide to clearing here, which may help you understand how the process works!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5510628

To answer your specific question, you do call universities directly- so it may be a good idea to research some options now.

Chances are, you haven't done as badly as you think, and you will end up going to your firm!

Honestly as harsh as it sounds there is literally nothing you can do now - relax (although this is so hard to do!) and just wait.

I was in your position 3 years back and although I knew I was going to do awfully due to having intense personal circumstances around me at the time, it was still a shock.

Yes, there is a chance that one of your subjects may have gone really bad but you may also have done well - there's no way of knowing. In either scenario though it isn't the be all and end all of your university life/career with there being so many more options out there. Firstly, I'd recommend looking at clearing vacancies now and noting down which uni's you may be interested in and would be happy studying at (if you do go through clearing most unis hold open days so you can visit them). Look at things that helped you decide your firm and insurance; location, facilities, nightlife (if it's important to you), clubs and the course content.

Personally what I did when I didn't do as well I hoped was a foundation year at a uni local to me which enabled me to get into a top 20 uni where I'm heading into my final year predicted a 1st. There's so much pressure on getting the grades which is understandable as I'm sure you've worked extremely hard on your work however I don't ever look back and feel inadequate compared to any of my coursemates just because they got in with better grades than me.

Whatever happens is for a reason. Hope this helped even a little - best of luck for Thursday and I truly hope it goes well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending