The Student Room Group

Access to HE course at 18 with no work experience???

Hey,
. I am thinking of doing an access course online in humanities and go straight to uni, I'll be saving a year too. has anyone done it at this age and got into a good university? also, how is it doing it online?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by latata
Hey,
I just finished my GCSE's at 18 and many sixth forms have rejected me because of my age. I am thinking of doing an access course online in humanities and go straight to uni, I'll be saving a year too. has anyone done it at this age and got into a good university? also, how is it doing it online?

At your age you should be able to do an Access to HE course at a local college. I think that if you're able to do it in person at a college, then that would be better.
Reply 2
Original post by FusionHa
At your age you should be able to do an Access to HE course at a local college. I think that if you're able to do it in person at a college, then that would be better.

Ive tried contacting the nearest colleges but they only accept above 19 year olds and im 3 months short of being 19 but they still said no
Reply 3
Original post by latata
Ive tried contacting the nearest colleges but they only accept above 19 year olds and im 3 months short of being 19 but they still said no

Oh dear. In that case, do it online if they offer it. No point wasting the year waiting until you're eligible to join a college. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending