Access to HE course at 18 with no work experience??? Watch

latata
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey,
I just finished my GCSE's at 18 and many sixth forms have rejected me because of my age. I am thinking of doing an access course online in humanities and go straight to uni, I'll be saving a year too. has anyone done it at this age and got into a good university? also, how is it doing it online?
FusionHa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by latata)
Hey,
I just finished my GCSE's at 18 and many sixth forms have rejected me because of my age. I am thinking of doing an access course online in humanities and go straight to uni, I'll be saving a year too. has anyone done it at this age and got into a good university? also, how is it doing it online?
At your age you should be able to do an Access to HE course at a local college. I think that if you're able to do it in person at a college, then that would be better.
latata
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by FusionHa)
At your age you should be able to do an Access to HE course at a local college. I think that if you're able to do it in person at a college, then that would be better.

Ive tried contacting the nearest colleges but they only accept above 19 year olds and im 3 months short of being 19 but they still said no
FusionHa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by latata)
Ive tried contacting the nearest colleges but they only accept above 19 year olds and im 3 months short of being 19 but they still said no
Oh dear. In that case, do it online if they offer it. No point wasting the year waiting until you're eligible to join a college. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (145)
24.37%
Pop (145)
24.37%
Jazz (26)
4.37%
Classical (34)
5.71%
Hip-Hop (104)
17.48%