The Student Room Group

New personal statement for clearing

I'm applying for a different course to a different uni in clearing. I contacted the uni and they said I'll need to email them a new ps direct to their email and not on the UCAS website. Parts of my original statement is still relevant but would I get done for plagiarism if use them in my new one?

I'm assuming they're gonna be busy on the day and will just skim read it anyway but will they bother to look at my original one?
Reply 1
Original post by rahsain
I'm applying for a different course to a different uni in clearing. I contacted the uni and they said I'll need to email them a new ps direct to their email and not on the UCAS website. Parts of my original statement is still relevant but would I get done for plagiarism if use them in my new one?

I'm assuming they're gonna be busy on the day and will just skim read it anyway but will they bother to look at my original one?

You can't get done for plagiarism if it's provably your own work.
And yeah on clearing, it gets ****ing hectic, they're not gonna be sitting there bored cross-referencing PSs.
Original post by rahsain

You can't plagiarise yourself, so don't worry. They will very likely still look at your original PS, so I wouldn't worry about repeating sections that will be 100% identical such as talking about your extra curriculars. Everything else should probably change, as you've got a year-6 months more study under your belt since you wrote your first PS, and you have changed your mind about what course you want to do.

But if you want to reuse certain sentences or sections, that will be fine.
Reply 3
You shouldn't need to change it. All you did is study. Possibly add something if you did anything to make you more rounded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending