The Student Room Group

Freshers blogs 2018: win a free pizza every two weeks during your first term

Calling all future Freshers!

Freshers blogs are back, but with a twist…

This year we’re encouraging you to set up a Freshers bucket list within your blog, listing what you want to achieve during your first term of uni. You can then tick things off and update us on your progress over the next three months… and did we mention the best ones get pizza?! (More on that later.)

So what things do you want to achieve in your first term?

Whether you want to have a massive clear out before you crack on with packing, learn a couple of basic recipes before leaving home or sign up for a new sport at the Freshers Fair, you have full creative reign over the tone and content of your blog - it can be as funny or as serious as you want it to be!

Give it your all and you could even be featured in our weekly newsletter and across TSR’s Facebook and Twitter (we have nearly 90k followers across both platforms!)

If your mouth isn't already salivating, we’ll also be sending a large pizza to the member with the best blog every two weeks. You can either share it with your new flatmates or just go to town on it by yourself (we won't judge, promise).

This is a great opportunity to not only connect with other students over shared experiences but to also hone your writing and blogging skills on a platform that reaches teachers, students and potential employees.

Entries are now open. But get typing soon, as the winner of the first pizza will be announced on the 27th August, then every two weeks until Monday 10th December.

Click here to create your blog in the Fresher Blogs forum when you’re ready to get started. That thread will be your blog, so keep it updated for a chance to win a pizza! :pizza::awesome::pizza:

Winner #1 - 27th Aug:

Spoiler

Winner #2 - 10th Sept:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with the blogs this year, guys!!! (I'd join in, but alas... I'm a stinky second year now. Less Fresher, more... Unfresher. Mustyer. Part of the furniture..r.)
Good luck to all those entering :smile: did this last year and highly recommend it :king1:
Because of some personal problems I didn't really do anything in my first year of uni so now, starting second year, I fully plan on reliving the fresher experience :biggrin: Would there be a problem if I wrote a blog on this (without entering the competition)?
Original post by Vic Vinegar
Calling all future Freshers!

Freshers blogs are back, but with a twist…

This year we’re encouraging you to set up a Freshers bucket list within your blog, listing what you want to achieve during your first term of uni. You can then tick things off and update us on your progress over the next three months… and did we mention the best ones get pizza?! (More on that later.)

So what things do you want to achieve in your first term?

Whether you want to have a massive clear out before you crack on with packing, learn a couple of basic recipes before leaving home or sign up for a new sport at the Freshers Fair, you have full creative reign over the tone and content of your blog - it can be as funny or as serious as you want it to be!

Give it your all and you could even be featured in our weekly newsletter and across TSR’s Facebook and Twitter (we have nearly 90k followers across both platforms!)

If your mouth isn't already salivating, we’ll also be sending a large pizza to the member with the best blog every two weeks. You can either share it with your new flatmates or just go to town on it by yourself (we won't judge, promise).

This is a great opportunity to not only connect with other students over shared experiences but to also hone your writing and blogging skills on a platform that reaches teachers, students and potential employees.

Entries are now open. But get typing soon, as the winner of the first pizza will be announced on the 27th August, then every two weeks until Monday 10th December.

Click here to create your blog in the Fresher Blogs forum when you’re ready to get started. That thread will be your blog, so keep it updated for a chance to win a pizza! :pizza::awesome::pizza:

I'm going into 3rd year but is there anywhere I can start a blog?
Pizza?! I mean I was going to make a Freshers blog anyway but now there's Pizza involved it sounds even better! :rofl:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5531288&p=79356624#post79356624

Just started mine! I mean who wouldn't if food is involved :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by asdfghjklcupcake
Because of some personal problems I didn't really do anything in my first year of uni so now, starting second year, I fully plan on reliving the fresher experience :biggrin: Would there be a problem if I wrote a blog on this (without entering the competition)?

Absolutely not a problem! All sorts of blogs are welcome in the Creative Corner. :yep:
Reply 8
Original post by EmilySarah00
Pizza?! I mean I was going to make a Freshers blog anyway but now there's Pizza involved it sounds even better! :rofl:

Original post by minivampire
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5531288&p=79356624#post79356624

Good pizza! ... no I mean Pizza luck! umm... you get what I mean. :ninja: I need dinner.
I would, but don't really know what to do.
oooh! I can enter this from this year!

be prepared for my fresher's blog (and possibly vlogs to go with it)

Link here: TBC
Final year student but do check out my blog: https://thenextchemist.wordpress.com/

:tongue:
Original post by Bulletzone

Read other people's blogs for inspiration, that's what I did :redface:

Exactly! It's definitely a good incentive :party2:

Original post by minivampire

I've just read this! It's great!

Original post by Bulletzone

You can do anything you want! Do take a look at other ones if you're struggling but you can absolutely do it any way you want to :smile:

Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie

Looking forward to this! I've never had the confidence for vlogging :laugh:

Original post by Bloom77
Final year student but do check out my blog: https://thenextchemist.wordpress.com/

:tongue:

I'll check this out! :smile:

Vlogs! Exciting! I’m also gonna hopefully make some uni vlogs, can’t wait to watch yours too! :woo:
Vlogs! Exciting! I’m also gonna hopefully make some uni vlogs, can’t wait to watch yours too! :woo:

Awesome! i really love watching people's uni vlogs - but none seem to be for my subjects. So I decided to make my own :biggrin:
Awesome! i really love watching people's uni vlogs - but none seem to be for my subjects. So I decided to make my own :biggrin:

Good plan! I’ll definitely definitely subscribe! What’s your subject? :tongue:
Good plan! I’ll definitely definitely subscribe! What’s your subject? :tongue:

History and archaeology :smile:

What about you?
Just made mine! Can't wait to get involved with this this year and eat my body weight in pizza :biggrin:
Original post by Vic Vinegar

I'll check this out! :smile:

Let me know what you think! :tongue:
And any ideas I could blog about?

Quick Reply

Latest