Retaking specific maths modules in 2019

Watch
Bboy1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I think I got decent grades in all my maths modules except for 2 of them. Will there be an opportunity to retake them next year at some point, because this was meant to be the last year of the modular syllabus so I'm just wondering if I'd have to take the whole new linear A-level or can I just retake the 2 modules I need to.
Bboy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Risk08)
Could you explain? What year are you in and what exam board is it in?
I just finished year 13 I've applied for uni but don't think I got the grade I'll need so will probably need to retake a couple modules as I said. Exam board is Edexcel.
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bboy1)
I think I got decent grades in all my maths modules except for 2 of them. Will there be an opportunity to retake them next year at some point, because this was meant to be the last year of the modular syllabus so I'm just wondering if I'd have to take the whole new linear A-level or can I just retake the 2 modules I need to.
The final Edexcel 2019 exam timetables has been published and includes resit opportunities for legacy maths exams.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...able-Final.pdf
Bboy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Risk08)
Sorry but you're right, this year was the last year you can take these modules. You would have to take the new course which would be 2 years but I'm sure as the content is very similar arrangements could be made for you to take the new exams next year. I retook some ones I did in year 12 this year and it was the last opportunity
Read the post above you, seems you don't know what you're talking about :P
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
does ocr have this as well?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 3.1415926534)
does ocr have this as well?
Yes ocr, aqa and Edexcel will all provide modular resits in 2019
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
is it only for maths, will i be able to retake edexcel A economics?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 3.1415926534)
is it only for maths, will i be able to retake edexcel A economics?
Economics is no longer modular, last modular resits were 2018 it is only available for linear resits where you retake all of the exams.
Portugal1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, very confused about resits. Govement careers hotline just told me I cannot resit individual edexcel modules and would have to resit all three that I tok this year. This was after they originally said I would have to take all my AS ones too and then changed their mind. I really hope I can just take one as I only messed one up. Has anyone had confirmation from their school that they can resit one module? Thanks
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Portugal1000)
Hello, very confused about resits. Govement careers hotline just told me I cannot resit individual edexcel modules and would have to resit all three that I tok this year. This was after they originally said I would have to take all my AS ones too and then changed their mind. I really hope I can just take one as I only messed one up. Has anyone had confirmation from their school that they can resit one module? Thanks
This is for all English exam boards (AQA, Edexcel & OCR)

If you took a linear qualification (that's now most A levels - all the exams at the end of the course) then you can re-sit next year but you have to do all the exams again and those are the exams that will be used to calculate your overall grade, even if one is worse than this year. If there was any NEA (aka coursework) then you can carry this year's mark forward, or redo it next year (though this would be difficult as a private candidate).

For modular A levels completed as a main entry this Summer (Maths, Accounting, Politics, Music Tech, quite a few less common languages.....) you can re-sit any/all of the exams next year (AS or A2) and your best attempt at any unit is the one that will be used to calculate your overall grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (107)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (50)
13.23%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (71)
18.78%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
10.32%
No - I live at home during term anyway (111)
29.37%

Watched Threads