Turn on thread page Beta

Religious people, Christians, Muslims etc say God is not evil but didn’t God create Satan knowing he’s going to cause madness?
    They say god knows the end from the beginning so why create Satan when he knew what would happen? Again talking about free will, if god put you on this planet and knows you’ll transgress before you were even made then it’s not really your will then? Is it?
    Want sensible comments please no abuse or racist comments too please

ReputationRep:
    He's a bell end imo mate

ReputationRep:
    This is my opinion. I wouldn’t say God created Satan. I mean i have my religion so this is from a catholic perspective, but when the relationship between God and humanity was broken in Genesis, that sort of encouraged the evil attribute (in where there was an absence of good). Because God is omnibenevolent, it would not be in her nature to create evil. Counter arguments may be, that it is a part of her plan, test. Or an imbalance in her attributes; for instance her omnipotence weighs more, and contributed to her creating Satan, due to the idea of un/limited election.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Satan is a scapegoat for religious people to be able to blame the bad things on a being other than God (even though God is meant to be all-powerful and could eradicate Satan and all evil if he wanted).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akpo)
    This is my opinion. I wouldn’t say God created Satan. I mean i have my religion so this is from a catholic perspective, but when the relationship between God and humanity was broken in Genesis, that sort of encouraged the evil attribute (in where there was an absence of good). Because God is omnibenevolent, it would not be in her nature to create evil. Counter arguments may be, that it is a part of her plan, test. Or an imbalance in her attributes; for instance her omnipotence weighs more, and contributed to her creating Satan, due to the idea of un/limited election.
    The Bible states Lucifer (Satan) was created by God. Read your own book before preaching to others.

To the OP, God doesn't exist so he is not good or evil. The evil people were the people who wanted to take power over the masses, who wrote the scaremongering stories to get people to fall in line and do what they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akpo)
    I like how you used the feminine pronouns for God :holmes:, probably going to trigger a lot of peeps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    The Bible states Lucifer (Satan) was created by God. Read your own book before preaching to others.

To the OP, God doesn't exist so he is not good or evil. The evil people were the people who wanted to take power over the masses, who wrote the scaremongering stories to get people to fall in line and do what they wanted.
    Lol & I am definitely not preaching. God did not create Lucifer as evil but allowed the potential for sin. Evil is the result of a free-will choice chosen by Lucifer. Therefore, God is good and not evil. Philosophically, she doesn’t actually exist, which is why it’s faith and not certainty.

ReputationRep:
    god is a woman

Their God certainly is. The things he's supposedly done in the abrahmic holy books are absolutely vile. An angry petulant child monster that wants you to worship him and no one else or you'll burn is a ****ing monster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I like how you used the feminine pronouns for God :holmes:, probably going to trigger a lot of peeps.
    ariana’s influence!!

ReputationRep:
    If god is all loving, he would want there to be no suffering.
    If god is all powerful, he could end all suffering.
    If god is all loving and all powerful, he would end all suffering.
    Suffering exists.
    Therefore god is either not loving, or not powerful. Without both, he is unworthy of worship.

ReputationRep:
    I think free will and relationship has a big part to play in this discussion. God gave us free will so we could decide if we wanted to follow Him or not-he doesn't want robots, He wants relationship. He also gave the Angels free will, so Lucifer had the choice to exalt himself or exalt God. Lucifer chose to exalt himself. The truth is, God knew what He was getting into when he made us, He knew that some wouldn't choose Him...but He still said that it was worth it because He wanted our love. So He decides to make us and He asks us to trust Him even when we don't have answers to life-because He is good and trustworthy. The Bible makes sure to describe God as good. Anything that is not of God (good) is Evil. So evil exists purely because there are things that are opposite of God. Just like how darkness exists only when there is no light. So Evil exists when there is not God. God's lets us choose Him or not. Again, God doesn't want robots, He wants our love, trust, and choice. He is worthy of it.
    The cool thing about God, is that if you don't like Him, then you don't have to follow Him.
    The cool thing about God is that the more you seek out His goodness then the more you will find it.
    The cool thing about God is, that He loves us even if we don't love Him or chose. He is always willing to welcome us back.

God does know the end from the beginning, He does know if you will choose Him or not. I personally think God may be in this with us for the relationship. Example:

I have a brother whom was best friends with all my life, he just recently cut off my whole family and doesn't speak to me. If I would have known that my brother was going to do this from the start, should I even have been his friend as a child? Should I even have had a relationship with him. Of course, I'd still be his friend, the relationship is worth it, my love for him wasn't wasted. He just didn't chose me.

Sorry that is a lot. Just some of my thoughts. I've wrestled with the same questions and the above has been how I've resolved a lot in my heart. I hope you find some good answers, if sounds like you have a sharp mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarthRoar)
    If god is all loving, he would want there to be no suffering.
    If god is all powerful, he could end all suffering.
    If god is all loving and all powerful, he would end all suffering.
    Suffering exists.
    Therefore god is either not loving, or not powerful. Without both, he is unworthy of worship.
    you will get full marks in an RS exam 😂😂

I feel like god created satan to test people. Don't know if that would make sense to some people though

ReputationRep:
    The Cathars believed so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pottah)
    god is a woman
    QED.

ReputationRep:
    he created satan knowing he would become evil because
    1) part of his divine plan
    2) sometimes uses him to punish people

it is still free will because he didn't force you to transgress, you did it out of choice. for example, if I watched that world cup match of Brazil Vs Germany, I already know the Germany wins 6:1, I know the Brazilian fans will be crying, but did I cause that to happen? no, I didn't. did I force that to happen? no I didn't.

it's similar with God, except in real time, he knows the things you'll choose to do, it's still free will because you freely chose to do whatever it is you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Life is a test innit. And we don’t blame everything on satan. Even when that dude is locked up, people out there still doing the worst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like god created satan to test people. Don't know if that would make sense to some people though
    I thought that was why he made woman.

ReputationRep:
    My question is:

Isn't 'Satan' good? in morals anyway? because he punishes bad people...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.