JonahEllison
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I already have my results from being on a gap year.

I am waiting on a reference from a teacher from college, he has told me he will be my referee but the deadline for clearing is so close I am not sure whether I will retrieve it on time.

Is it possible to apply to courses without a reference, I know that there is an option on UCAS that allows this. But, how would I go about telling a university this.

Do I just call them up an explain the situation and whether they will accept me without a reference?

thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JonahEllison)
I already have my results from being on a gap year.

I am waiting on a reference from a teacher from college, he has told me he will be my referee but the deadline for clearing is so close I am not sure whether I will retrieve it on time.

Is it possible to apply to courses without a reference, I know that there is an option on UCAS that allows this. But, how would I go about telling a university this.

Do I just call them up an explain the situation and whether they will accept me without a reference?

thanks.
You would say "my referee wasn't able to provide a reference on my UCAS application - but I can give you their details to get a reference from them directly if that's required".

Some universities would be picky about that so it's best to ring them NOW to ask if they'd accept a clearing application without a UCAS reference. Assuming your application is currently with your referee you'd need to call UCAS to get them to send it back to you so that you can tick the box to apply without a reference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed