Moshah7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know any councils in the uk which allow you to have a taxi license without taking a theory test?
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Moshah7)
Does anyone know any councils in the uk which allow you to have a taxi license without taking a theory test?
I don't know if any will allow that, I think your best bet is through independent companies such as Uber etc. But I could be wrong so we'll see if anyone else knows of any councils which will

Moved to Cars and Motoring by the way
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe if u are a private company idk like bubbles said maybe uber
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
I don't know if any will allow that, I think your best bet is through independent companies such as Uber etc. But I could be wrong so we'll see if anyone else knows of any councils which will

Moved to Cars and Motoring by the way
That's not how it works. Whether you're working for a taxi company or for Uber, you still need a licence granted by the council.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
That's not how it works. Whether you're working for a taxi company or for Uber, you still need a licence granted by the council.
Ah that's interesting - I thought I had seen you only needed a standard driving license, they must have updated it! Thanks
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah that's interesting - I thought I had seen you only needed a standard driving license, they must have updated it! Thanks
It's not another type of driving licence, it's a licence to drive a private hire vehicle. This is nothing new.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
It's not another type of driving licence, it's a licence to drive a private hire vehicle. This is nothing new.
Oh I see, because in some cities taxi drivers have to take extra tests to be a taxi driver for the council, my step dad assess them is how I know
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh I see, because in some cities taxi drivers have to take extra tests to be a taxi driver for the council, my step dad assess them is how I know
Exactly.. and when they pass, they're granted the licence.
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Moshah7)
Windsor and Maidenhead I think, although wasn't aware you could get a license in one council/borough and use it elsewhere. Kinda defeats the purpose of each borough/council having their own requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (566)
34.24%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.14%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.54%

Watched Threads