Why are fat people in denial? Watch

Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
They tell themselves they're beautiful and that they can still be healthy. It's all ******** and we know they're not healthy and they can have a beautiful personality and not a beautiful look.

It's time they stop trying to make themselves feel better and lose weight instead.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is the age of the internet. The sitting at home doing nothing age. The carry your mental illness as a badge age. The everyone can get a degree age. When the liberal sjws grow up they will realise their parents were right.
AppleB
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
An underactive thyroid can cause significant weight gain. We cannot understand somebody without finding out the underlying medical or even psychological cause of weight. Instead of belittling, it’s better to help them especially if they are overweight or obese. Help can be provided medically and psychologically to address the eating disorder (if they have one) as it’s not always the case. Genes play a massive part too as well as environmental surroudings so they are predisposed to becoming overweight or obese.

I agree that making obesity and being overweight ‘normal’ shouldn’t be encouraged.
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by AppleB)
An underactive thyroid can cause significant weight gain. We cannot understand somebody without finding out the underlying medical or even psychological cause of weight. Instead of belittling, it’s better to help them especially if they are overweight or obese. Help can be provided medically and psychologically to address the eating disorder (if they have one) as it’s not always the case. Genes play a massive part too as well as environmental surroudings so they are predisposed to becoming overweight or obese.

I agree that making obesity and being overweight ‘normal’ shouldn’t be encouraged.
63% of people in the UK are fat. They don't all have a medical problem genetic condition. You're talking about a tiny minority. Most are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise. Its laziness
AppleB
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
63% of people in the UK are fat. They don't all have a medical problem genetic condition. You're talking about a tiny minority. Most are fat because they eat too much and don't exercise. Its laziness
The government are trying their best.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...all-our-health

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...lan-for-action
SomMC1
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They tell themselves they're beautiful and that they can still be healthy. It's all ******** and we know they're not healthy and they can have a beautiful personality and not a beautiful look.

It's time they stop trying to make themselves feel better and lose weight instead.
Agreed, i honestly dont think it's that hard not to eat sh_it all day and go do basic exercises, like walking daily.

If, however, being fat is due to an illness then I'm quiet. Any other reason is ********.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've met very few significantly overweight people that parrot the "healthy at every size" and "every woman is beautiful" nonsense.
That approach seems to be favoured by the sheep like activists that live, sleep and breathe identity politics.

Most of the very large people that I know suffer serious pain as a result of their weight or the drastic symptoms that excess weight gain has resulted in.
Almost all of them carry photos of what they looked like before they became overweight and have experienced repeated bullying at school or being insulted by strangers in public place.
Low self esteem, the insatiable desire for as many tasty treats as possible, a perception of eternal victimhood and a tendency to wallow in their own misery- a combination that tends to begin and end with comfort food that pushes weight up even higher.

Sometimes there is a clear history of abuse or criminal violence that can legitimately be termed victimisation- but obsessing over the past and wallowing in self pity means that there is no positive desire to move on from being a victim to being a survivor.
del1rious
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It annoys me, skinny people get such a hard time whilst being overweight is “beautiful, loving the skin you’re in etc etc”. And I don’t just mean people who carry a bit of extra weight, I have seen people who are actually obese be glorified in this way, it’s gross.

I read a while back that obesity costs the NHS more than smoking. Not sure if that’s still the case but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I read a while back that
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Completely agree, why people don't call out those fat models but complain about the skinny ones, they are both unhealthy.
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because apparently, CHD at age 26 is attractive.
Yeahwhat
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They should be encouraged to exercise and eat more healthily. The thing if they believe they look beautiful so be it, we shouldn't try and change that. Remember Charlie Sloth is the best looking fat guy in the world 😂
humancat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

They are happy fatties
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Fat isn’t beautiful but people are beautiful. An obese person can still be pretty cause the face and all that matters. I don’t know why you’re so mad... how is this helping them? A lot of them have low enough self esteem. They can be confident within themselves and still lose weight. They NEED that self love and acceptance first in order to IMPROVE. And honestly, it isn’t so easy to lose weight if you have an illness or going through an extremely hard time.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah cause it's literally all of them like that. Do you like to exaggerate arguments and generalise viewpoints just so you have something to shout at?
as125
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Oh sheet. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 That made me die in laughter
I like you; no BS you said it how it is
Respect

*Typed whilst eating a KFC zinger tower box meal*
Joleee
Report 1 year ago
if anyone thinks fat is beautiful its the extremely small minority. is it the fat girls that are the popular ones? is it the fat girls that get all the guys?

no, people don't like their fat, but obesity is a complicated issue and bullying is not the solution for it.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

What? ALL fat people? Seriously? Gosh. I never knew.
Millihelen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Dis you OP? ChickenMadness
immigrant #963
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
damn who hurt you
LlamaLikeEllie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't think many overweight people are in denial, and I think many know they need to lose weight. I think genetics must play a part though, or at least your mentabolism. I know some people who genuinly have the most unhealthy lifestyles, who eat mcdonalds nearly every day, don't execercise, and eat crisps for breakfast. These people are a normal weight. I also know people who walk to school, and eat fairly healthy, but have more weight. It's unfair to assume every skinny person is healthy and every larger person is unhealthy, when mentabolism and maybe an underlying health condition can come into play. Of course some are overweight because of their lifestlye, and that shouldn't be celebrated I agree. But we shouldn't generalise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (44)
24.31%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
26.52%
No (89)
49.17%

Watched Threads