Demi!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, so I am planning on taking a gap year next year after A level to travel around Europe and maybe a few other places depending on how much I can save. The only problem is that all my friends are going to uni and I have no one to come travelling with me. Whilst travelling alone sounds nice, that's something I don't really feel comfortable with yet. So I am hoping the student room can work its magic and find me some friends to go with. I am planning on leaving some time after the summer of 2019 and return is unknown as of yet. I obviously do not want to just jet off with a stranger so we will have to get to know one another before we leave! Hahahaha. So is anyone willing ?
Chloe_Butters
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heya, I'll drop you a message now... sounds like we're in pretty similar situations
London090
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I totally feel you but I'm still doing my GCSE's. I'm bumping up the thread for you so you have more volunteers because HEY THE MORE THE MERRIER!!😂
username4215462
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I just made a very similar post asking the same thing before I saw yours! I am from Scotland and so school system is different so I'm not sure I am the same age as you or not, I am only 17 which may impact where I can travel but I don't think it will make a difference. Anyway, I would love to travel next year only I don't speak any languages and so was thinking of traveling further abroad to go to English speaking countries in other continents. Even if we did want to go to different places we could perhaps travel in Europe for a little while and then I could go further and you could stay in Europe
Roseflower1992
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey I’m from Scotland also and wanting to take a gap year after summer send me a message are you a girl ?
(Original post by username4215462)
Hi, I just made a very similar post asking the same thing before I saw yours! I am from Scotland and so school system is different so I'm not sure I am the same age as you or not, I am only 17 which may impact where I can travel but I don't think it will make a difference. Anyway, I would love to travel next year only I don't speak any languages and so was thinking of traveling further abroad to go to English speaking countries in other continents. Even if we did want to go to different places we could perhaps travel in Europe for a little while and then I could go further and you could stay in Europe
@1
fasteddy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Book to stay in hostels this is a good way to meet people. Or do activities and organised trips so you are guaranteed to not be alone. Have you thought about booking a tour? This is an easy way to make new friends and travel. This is a good list of the good tour operators for 18 - 35 year olds which offer trips all over the world
biofrance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I know this is an old thread but since you are/were looking to travel around this time it seems like it may still be relevant...

I've just put a reply on a really similar thread so I'll just copy and paste some of it

It's the start of my gap year now and I still don't have anything set in stone yet (although I have a lot of ideas - pretty much all travel-related ideas as well as getting a part-time job or two).
My friends are mostly off at uni and I'd find it painfully boring to go and explore new towns and cities on my own.
I don't want to miss out on half of the things I want to do due to not wanting to go on my own -- but equally I know I would feel a million times more comfortable doing them with someone else, not to mention I'm sure I'd have a better time and not have to feel as isolated/bored. So for that reason I'll just put it out there that I'm open to making friend(s) that will double up as travel buddies for those things that, let's be honest, I'm not going to end up doing by myself. PM's are open to whoever's interested
ximankhanx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Heyyy I’m going to Bali in summer 2020 if you’re down?
ximankhanx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Oh ignore that 😩
JJ141
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by biofrance)
Hey, I know this is an old thread but since you are/were looking to travel around this time it seems like it may still be relevant...

I've just put a reply on a really similar thread so I'll just copy and paste some of it

It's the start of my gap year now and I still don't have anything set in stone yet (although I have a lot of ideas - pretty much all travel-related ideas as well as getting a part-time job or two).
My friends are mostly off at uni and I'd find it painfully boring to go and explore new towns and cities on my own.
I don't want to miss out on half of the things I want to do due to not wanting to go on my own -- but equally I know I would feel a million times more comfortable doing them with someone else, not to mention I'm sure I'd have a better time and not have to feel as isolated/bored. So for that reason I'll just put it out there that I'm open to making friend(s) that will double up as travel buddies for those things that, let's be honest, I'm not going to end up doing by myself. PM's are open to whoever's interested
Hi, a little late but I’ve dropped you a PM anyway
Casievans
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I’m looking for a travel buddy too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Undergraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19
  • Regent's University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.71%
Labour (166)
48.12%
Liberal Democrats (49)
14.2%
Green Party (21)
6.09%
Brexit Party (4)
1.16%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.87%
SNP (7)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.87%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (5)
1.45%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)