Mohamed_Yousuf_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tanzir beig)
I am really confused can someone please tell me the answer to this
"is it okay for a muslim girl to get married to a non-muslim guy?"
Islamically it’s prohibited really that’s about it. Why do you ask? It’s a hard pill to swallow but as with any faiths there is sacrifice.
tanzir beig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Mohamed_Yousuf_)
Islamically it’s prohibited really that’s about it. Why do you ask? It’s a hard pill to swallow but as with any faiths there is sacrifice.
OKAY so is it mentioned in the QURAN? if yes will it be a sin if she does so?
Mohamed_Yousuf_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OKAY so is it mentioned in the QURAN? if yes will it be a sin if she does so?
Yh it is in the Quran and Yh it will be a sin. Why do you ask such a question?
username4202082
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a follow up question to this if I may. Why is it that the females seem to only have this stipulation put on them marry outside of the faith and not the males who are Muslim? Correct me if I am wrong.
Mohamed_Yousuf_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Swedish-Meatball)
I have a follow up question to this if I may. Why is it that the females seem to only have this stipulation put on them marry outside of the faith and not the males who are Muslim? Correct me if I am wrong.
Hi 👋, sorry I just saw your question now. well I’m going to give a decent answer and see if it makes sense any sensitive topic is almost always brushed under the carpet and this, the constant evasion of knowledge leads to fear and fear to hatred so I applaude your question since we need to understand each other but here goes the answer.

firstly going back to the basics of the faith, the religion of Islam. Islam is a religion that considers itself and self proclaims that it is the last of the decreed religions of God(Allah); by religions what I mean is though they might have had different rules at different times they all propagated the same rule and that being to worship the true one God. Islamic theology also states that every nation of people had a message and a prophet an example being Jesus( Issa) who sole purpose was to guide the people of Israel and he was only the prophet of Israel not the prophet of Egypt etc, thus his message was only inclusive and required to be followed by the people of Israel all other nations were excluded. The ethos of Islamic ideology being the worship of one god also resonates the idea of one truth and this propagates some sort of objective reality and objective truth for all beings throughout the universe, in simple terms Everyone has one purpose one true being one true self and on true role(this part is quite important) . Now going back to the point of different religions, the closest religion to Islam are those of the arbrahimic faiths being Christianity and Judaism, the people that follow these faiths are described in the Quran as ‘the people of the book’.

Going on to the next part, During the early spring of Islam,many people accepted the religion (it being the final decree of God and inclusive of all beings), however when these individuals went back to after accepting the religion of Islam, they still returned to areas heavily populated with ‘the people of the book’. Hence there was a lot of problems to do with eating food from jews and Christians and marrying into their families. This then lead to the verse of the Quran that allowed Muslims to eat from ‘the people of the book’ (meat, bread and the list goes on) and for MEN to be allowed to marry into their families.

Now going back to the idea of objective roles. Islam believes that even though both genders are completely equal they still have set duties and roles. The role of the man especially 1600 years ago was to be the leader of the family and thus would have found it easy to direct his spouse and offspring which ever way he saw fit. Ultimately the prohibition of Muslim women marrying from the people of the book was to prevent this from happening( the women from losing their religion). Whilst Muslims men were allowed to marry because they at the time were not going to be swayed or forced to change their religion. Furthermore you could argue that Muslim men could force non Muslim women, but that goes against what Islam teaches. Muslim men have a duty to allow these non Muslim women to practice what ever religion they want and how many times they want to pray and her rights are freedom of religion and thought.This guarantees that non Muslim women will be protected from indoctrination and their rights are written in stone and if the man doesn’t uphold this then he has made enemies of both the non Muslim community the woman has come from and the Muslim community. However the rights of a Muslim women are flexible in othe religions and this right can not be guaranteed.

I started getting tired at the end so it might be confusing just let me know if you understood it. But I’m not trying offend any believes or ideologies or movements it’s just education and understanding. Peace ✌🏽✌🏽✌🏽✌🏽
username4202082
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My questions are meant as no disrespect as I just don’t fully understand the logic of it all and I guess I never will. I will guess I will jump into the bottom line of my question and say you stated in your answer that your faith says they treat both males and females equally, but then go onto say that the male species are treated as the leaders of the families and that is the major part they are allowed to choose to marry outside of their race and women are not. My question then is what does being a leader of the household have to do with falling in love with someone within the Muslim race or out of the Muslim race. To me it has absolutelutely nothing to do with it. Both a male and a female can equally have feelings for anyone and fall in love with anyone so being the leader of the household doesn’t hold much weight in the argument in my opinion. It in my opinion is still oppressing the women of that faith. I am sorry if I offended you with this comment, but this is just my belief.
luji
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My questions are meant as no disrespect as I just don’t fully understand the logic of it all and I guess I never will. I will guess I will jump into the bottom line of my question and say you stated in your answer that your faith says they treat both males and females equally, but then go onto say that the male species are treated as the leaders of the families and that is the major part they are allowed to choose to marry outside of their race and women are not. My question then is what does being a leader of the household have to do with falling in love with someone within the Muslim race or out of the Muslim race. To me it has absolutelutely nothing to do with it. Both a male and a female can equally have feelings for anyone and fall in love with anyone so being the leader of the household doesn’t hold much weight in the argument in my opinion. It in my opinion is still oppressing the women of that faith. I am sorry if I offended you with this comment, but this is just my belief.
Love an marriage are both sperat things I guess. And Islam is not a race it's a religon. Can't answer your question though because I don't kow much and I don't wanna make things up.
username4202082
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ab173)
Love an marriage are both sperat things I guess. And Islam is not a race it's a religon. Can't answer your question though because I don't kow much and I don't wanna make things up.
I am just stating what the other poster who answered my question originally and honestly it just confused me more and really didn’t make much sense why female race weren’t allowed to marry outside the faith and men were if that was the only reason the faith provided.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, such a marriage is completely legal in the UK.
luji
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am just stating what the other poster who answered my question originally and honestly it just confused me more and really didn’t make much sense why female race weren’t allowed to marry outside the faith and men were if that was the only reason the faith provided.
I would have suggested asking someone that reads alot about that but the poster gave you a detailed answer but he ended up confusing you. I guess it has to do with the family structre and since Islam has many rules as what to do and what to not do it's deeper than what it seems
Mohamed_Yousuf_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No honestly I didn’t get offended. I guess the true explanation to that is people are raised in two different worlds. Being an immigrant I can see both views, my family are all orthodox Muslims raised in east Africa so I see two ways of life those of the west and those of the east. I can see the beauty of the ideology of people in the west, that they want to spread love and equality for all faiths and beliefs and that their love is unconditional, and I also see the strength of the people raised in the east as Muslims their strengths being the logical understanding of morals and how they are all backed up by a religion so perfectly balanaced the only problem with Islam isn’t the Quran or methods of reasoning but that it’s morals oppose those of the west. In Islam no one is superior based on their role but rather their connection through God. It’s a completely different world and sometimes it’s a curse and a gift to see through both. However the weakness of those in the west is the contradiction of their views and their lack of understanding that we can still be from different worlds and still be on the same planet, that there is liberalisation for all people but not for conservatives or ancient beliefs that oppose their views. The problem with the people from the east is that they are rock solid(their hearts) and have lost some of their humanity mixing their religion with their culture and love being replaced by family status... i guess it’s hard to explain but I guess you need to travel, atleast that’s what I want to do to understand people I only live in two worlds I want to see more. A Muslim scholar summed it up perfectly he said that ‘You want what the people of the west have but they took the good parts from your books(Quran and Hadith) and implemented it better than you’. Essentially that they have reached greater compassion and love than people in the east.

Now going back to your question a Muslims existence revolves around his religion literally everything what we eat, drink, wear, who we marry what times we get up in the morning. Islam is not a religion but a way of life and all things revolve around maintain this connection with God. Islam also being the religion sent for all mankind and for the rest of time then all people most be taken into consideration when laws a written. As we have seen that thought thousands of years that women have been mistreated and abused not just through their rights to freedom of belief but also freedom of their being. The basic principle in Islam is that God legislates around what is common and not an anomaly, this is further backed up by the innate role of the man he will ultimately without laws try to overpower or lead. Your right being a leader has nothing to do with love but it does have to do with losing your faith since Islam we are taught to love God above anyone else. If men were not like this then it would be fine for women to marry into Jews and Christians but it is not.

I think it’s just about getting out of that bubble travel the world my friend learn different peoples way of living a police man and a doctor have different roles but there is no inequality there thus a man may be the leader of a family but the women may be the backbone but yet again these roles are not to put one above the other it’s just there to allocate responsibility otherwise if the police officer and doctor weren’t allocated responsibility nor a role then could you imagine the world today it’s a structure for a family nothing more.

Tell me how that was maybe it was a little confusing but Yh i defiantly didn’t take offense I just see a person who really cares about people and wants equality. This is a very large topic and beyond this ask someone such as an Imam in your local mosque if the question is bothering you so much. But thanks I hope I didn’t confuse you 😪😪
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because Islam is sexist. :^)

I just condensed everybody else’s paragraphs for you. You’re welcome. :bubbles:
username4202082
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mohamed_Yousuf_)
No honestly I didn’t get offended. I guess the true explanation to that is people are raised in two different worlds. Being an immigrant I can see both views, my family are all orthodox Muslims raised in east Africa so I see two ways of life those of the west and those of the east. I can see the beauty of the ideology of people in the west, that they want to spread love and equality for all faiths and beliefs and that their love is unconditional, and I also see the strength of the people raised in the east as Muslims their strengths being the logical understanding of morals and how they are all backed up by a religion so perfectly balanaced the only problem with Islam isn’t the Quran or methods of reasoning but that it’s morals oppose those of the west. In Islam no one is superior based on their role but rather their connection through God. It’s a completely different world and sometimes it’s a curse and a gift to see through both. However the weakness of those in the west is the contradiction of their views and their lack of understanding that we can still be from different worlds and still be on the same planet, that there is liberalisation for all people but not for conservatives or ancient beliefs that oppose their views. The problem with the people from the east is that they are rock solid(their hearts) and have lost some of their humanity mixing their religion with their culture and love being replaced by family status... i guess it’s hard to explain but I guess you need to travel, atleast that’s what I want to do to understand people I only live in two worlds I want to see more. A Muslim scholar summed it up perfectly he said that ‘You want what the people of the west have but they took the good parts from your books(Quran and Hadith) and implemented it better than you’. Essentially that they have reached greater compassion and love than people in the east.

Now going back to your question a Muslims existence revolves around his religion literally everything what we eat, drink, wear, who we marry what times we get up in the morning. Islam is not a religion but a way of life and all things revolve around maintain this connection with God. Islam also being the religion sent for all mankind and for the rest of time then all people most be taken into consideration when laws a written. As we have seen that thought thousands of years that women have been mistreated and abused not just through their rights to freedom of belief but also freedom of their being. The basic principle in Islam is that God legislates around what is common and not an anomaly, this is further backed up by the innate role of the man he will ultimately without laws try to overpower or lead. Your right being a leader has nothing to do with love but it does have to do with losing your faith since Islam we are taught to love God above anyone else. If men were not like this then it would be fine for women to marry into Jews and Christians but it is not.

I think it’s just about getting out of that bubble travel the world my friend learn different peoples way of living a police man and a doctor have different roles but there is no inequality there thus a man may be the leader of a family but the women may be the backbone but yet again these roles are not to put one above the other it’s just there to allocate responsibility otherwise if the police officer and doctor weren’t allocated responsibility nor a role then could you imagine the world today it’s a structure for a family nothing more.

Tell me how that was maybe it was a little confusing but Yh i defiantly didn’t take offense I just see a person who really cares about people and wants equality. This is a very large topic and beyond this ask someone such as an Imam in your local mosque if the question is bothering you so much. But thanks I hope I didn’t confuse you 😪😪
I certainly respect your beliefs. You say Men are to love God above anything else and that is why they are honoured to marry into other religions freely. Why can’t Women love God above anything else and choose the exact same thing then? I understand what you are saying that men and women have different roles in life, but in my opinion to have a successful relationship or marriage both men and women should look at each other as equals and work together as equals to form this unity. If a women isn’t even even given the right by her own faith to explore that option and is kept in a tight box as to only being able to marry a Muslim man I don’t see how she could even start that process.
Mohamed_Yousuf_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I certainly respect your beliefs. You say Men are to love God above anything else and that is why they are honoured to marry into other religions freely. Why can’t Women love God above anything else and choose the exact same thing then? I understand what you are saying that men and women have different roles in life, but in my opinion to have a successful relationship or marriage both men and women should look at each other as equals and work together as equals to form this unity. If a women isn’t even even given the right by her own faith to explore that option and is kept in a tight box as to only being able to marry a Muslim man I don’t see how she could even start that process.
I see what you’re saying but a mans love for God doesn’t allow him to marry women that aren’t Muslim. Islam states that both men and women are equal in the eyes of God it’s very weird if my dad said to my mum we aren’t equals I would be shocked I guess your saying that the women needs to experience it for herself. Yh I see your point but I’ve also experienced the side of the roles and it’s not that big of a deal but Yh I guess we both need to explore the question it really is a huge sensitive question. I think I really takes time understanding and maturity that I don’t think I would’ve had if I was not already in that system. What I can say is equality is different to so many people some may say equal on all bases some may say equal in opportunities some may say equality is unjust and equity is the way since it tailored. It’s all about a fine line of definition, keep it free thinking bro/sis.

I have really enjoyed looking into your point of view im glad that their are people on this world that are still trying to understand for themselves what is right and wrong. Beyond that I can I only say ask someone who is really educated into the matter for me the whole problem melts when I look into my family members and parents relationships.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
No problem , I have many relatives and friends who are married to other non Muslims ... just have faith in allah and keep practising all will be fine
tanzir beig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
actually even i kind of agree with u....
username4202082
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean just exploring through threads here from both Anonymous poster and regular posters who expressed they were Muslim women who have been oppressed by their own families because of faith and not treated as equals to their own brothers. Something is definitely wrong with that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (4)
7.02%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (4)
7.02%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
26.32%
No and I wouldn't consider it (34)
59.65%

Watched Threads