Annafield
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My options are maths business and economics, and I know i want to do accounting at finance at uni, I dont think I will change my mind on this.
So do you think that the two a levels are ok or should I change one??
Bearing in mind my sixth form didn’t do accounting otherwise I would have taken that instead of business
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lilis123)
My options are maths business and economics, and I know i want to do accounting at finance at uni, I dont think I will change my mind on this.
Bearing in mind my sixth form didn’t do accounting otherwise I would have taken that instead of business
You need to ask the universities that you’re thinking of applying to whether they will accept this combination. Often when there’s a lot of overlap they won’t consider this to be 3 A levels.

Have you thought about something like psychology or sociology? That would compliment the social science aspects of economics and would give you insight into consumer behaviour.
Annafield
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You need to ask the universities that you’re thinking of applying to whether they will accept this combination. Often when there’s a lot of overlap they won’t consider this to be 3 A levels.

Have you thought about something like psychology or sociology? That would compliment the social science aspects of economics and would give you insight into consumer behaviour.
Yes i have considered sociology, but as a back up. If i were to change an a level, i would change business to history as i enjoy history, even though it has nothing to do with my future plans
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes i have considered sociology, but as a back up. If i were to change an a level, i would change business to history as i enjoy history, even though it has nothing to do with my future plans
That would probably be a good decision to keep your universities options as open as possible.
marple
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths, economics and history would be a very good combination. While business and economics probably won't matter for may universities, some do think there is too much overlap.

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...ons-too-narrow

Communication / report writing can be an important part of an accountants job and combining an essay subject with maths and economics will give you a well rounded set of skills.
Annafield
Rep:
?
(Original post by marple)
Maths, economics and history would be a very good combination. While business and economics probably won't matter for may universities, some do think there is too much overlap.

https://university.which.co.uk/advic...ons-too-narrow

Communication / report writing can be an important part of an accountants job and combining an essay subject with maths and economics will give you a well rounded set of skills.
OK, Thanks Although ive heard that history has a lot of content
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University