Crow's a level journey [6 a levels, olympiads and more!] Watch

Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Crow_M)
Seems like a great combo! I found English Lang and lit hard at GCSE, talk about doing both at A Level :rofl:

2 days to pick your AS results, tell me how it goes
I'm a GCSE student aha. I'm not taking any AS-levels either.

But I will also keep you informed.
Crow_M
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
I'm a GCSE student aha. I'm not taking any AS-levels either.

But I will also keep you informed.
Oh my bad 😅. 9 days for results day
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my bad 😅. 9 days for results day
Yep. What university do you plan to go to?
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Yep. What university do you plan to go to?
As mentioned before, I'd like to go to Oxford to do medicine. But before that, I'll work hard in my A Levels, if I get 9 A*s I met my college's offer and I'd be one step closer. Let's see if GCSEs are in my favour.
Crow_M
Rep:
?
Update: 15/08/2018

I've ordered some AS books for the 3 sciences and maths from WJEC and some from CIE as they're a bit harder which will help.

I'll also pick my A Levels results tomorrow, my school opens at 9:00 and I'll update OP when I get my grades, .

The tag squad: (If you want to be untagged, tell me)

riannon2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I've ordered some AS books for the 3 sciences and maths from WJEC and some from CIE as they're a bit harder which will help.

I'll also pick my A Levels results tomorrow, my school opens at 9:00 and I'll update OP when I get my grades, .

Good luck - I'll definitely be thinking of you tomorrow. i hope you get what you want

That reminds me, I need to get ordering revision guides for A level and have a read through
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Good luck. I expect you won’t get too surprised.
Nevertheless, well done for getting your grades.
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by riannon2001)
Good luck - I'll definitely be thinking of you tomorrow. i hope you get what you want

That reminds me, I need to get ordering revision guides for A level and have a read through
Thanks, I'll be thinking about you too ( :rofl: ), I'll keep people updated on my results.

I'll go to London tomorrow so I can relax and try not to think about results day, surely it'll be more entertaining
Missradioactive
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Best of luck !
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by Missradioactive)
Best of luck !
Thanks
luji
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Good luck, which exam board are you doing? Hope you get the results you want, you deserve them
brainzistheword
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Good luck for tomorrow!!
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by ab173)
Good luck, which exam board are you doing? Hope you get the results you want, you deserve them
I did OCR Portuguese AS and A2, I also did WJEC Spanish AS and A2. Thanks, Good luck with your results too (aren't you doing A Levels?)
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by brainzistheword)
Good luck for tomorrow!!
Thanks ^-^
luji
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did OCR Portuguese AS and A2, I also did WJEC Spanish AS and A2. Thanks, Good luck with your results too i (aren't you doing A Levels?)
What about next year? I already got mine yesterday lol. And no I'm doing IGCSE. Althought I am doing A Levels next year and I have to be honest your thread helped me feel more confident since everyone was telling me you can't do it and you inspired me and made me believe in myself and that it is possible
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
good luck
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by ab173)
What about next year? I already got mine yesterday lol. And no I'm doing IGCSE. Althought I am doing A Levels next year and I have to be honest your thread helped me feel more confident since everyone was telling me you can't do it and you inspired me and made me believe in myself and that it is possible
Next year I'm doing the 3 sciences, Maths and EPQ.
And wow, what did you get at IGCSE? I'm glad that my thread inspired you, remember, you can do it even if all odds are against you!
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
good luck
Thank you
luji
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
EPQ? What is that? Wow I'm doing Bio Chem and Math since I'm not the best at Phy (Probably bc I preform badly on subjects I don't like)
Well I didn't study all year. Studied for some of my IGCSEs a night before (Exam was at 1 pm and started studying at 10pm till 6am)and didn't even study for my last one I didn't care since it was Physics lol. and never did my work I don't even deserve the grades I got. 2A* 3A 2B. All CIE
Like I really messed up big time, 3 of my grades could have been better: 4A* 2A 1B maybe even 3A and no B. My predicted grades are all wrong anyway so these are what O predicted for myself when I decided to study which I never did

I guess this taught me a lesson to be better for next year and in fact I'm starting to study from now even though schools start in 2 weeks
Next year I'm doing the 3 sciences, Maths and EPQ.
And wow, what did you get at IGCSE? I'm glad that my thread inspired you, remember, you can do it even if all odds are against you!
Crow_M
Rep:
?
(Original post by ab173)
EPQ? What is that? Wow I'm doing Bio Chem and Math since I'm not the best at Phy (Probably bc I preform badly on subjects I don't like)
Well I didn't study all year. Studied for some of my IGCSEs a night before (Exam was at 1 pm and started studying at 10pm till 6am)and didn't even study for my last one I didn't care since it was Physics lol. and never did my work I don't even deserve the grades I got. 2A* 3A 2B. All CIE
Like I really messed up big time, 3 of my grades could have been better: 4A* 2A 1B maybe even 3A and no B. My predicted grades are all wrong anyway so these are what O predicted for myself when I decided to study which I never did

I guess this taught me a lesson to be better for next year and in fact I'm starting to study from now even though schools start in 2 weeks
EPQ stands for Extended Project Qualification. it is equivalent to an AS (1/2 of an A Level). It is a 5000 word project with a topic of your choice, it is very interesting and universities love it (assuming that it's related to your course).

Your grades were still pretty good, trust me. It's a shame that you left work until the last minute however I'm glad that you learned your lesson. remember that you can't do it at A Level because there's much more content. Good luck with it and tell me how it goes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads