Difficulty getting motivated to look at clearing options Watch

elliewelly16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm struggling to look at clearing options in case it comes to it on Thursday because I would happily go to any of the unis I went to open days for, but only a couple of those have entry requirements low enough for the highest grades I could have if I've missed my firm and insurance offers (which would be BBC). I haven't found anywhere else in clearing that really speaks to me which makes me less motivated to keep looking but at the same time going to uni in September is what I want to do more than anything so I'm not sure what to do. Obviously I'm hoping to meet the requirements for my firm and insurance too but I seem to have so much doubt, even though I worked hard at exams.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by elliewelly16)
I'm struggling to look at clearing options in case it comes to it on Thursday because I would happily go to any of the unis I went to open days for, but only a couple of those have entry requirements low enough for the highest grades I could have if I've missed my firm and insurance offers (which would be BBC). I haven't found anywhere else in clearing that really speaks to me which makes me less motivated to keep looking but at the same time going to uni in September is what I want to do more than anything so I'm not sure what to do. Obviously I'm hoping to meet the requirements for my firm and insurance too but I seem to have so much doubt, even though I worked hard at exams.
Many people don't start looking until/unless they have to. Yes, it's best to do a bit of pre-planning... but if you don't want to then that's fine too. You'll probably be absolutely ok eitherway,

Don't worry
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Just wait for your results. I would say there's a good chance you made it and you dont want to go down that road unless you have to. Should your grades fall way short, then do not pock a uni you arent interested in. Resit would be a much better choice. Post back if it goes pear shaped but at this stage I would bet you are going to be fine.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want some suggestions/recommendations then I’m sure that TSR will try to help. Let us know your subject and the sort of universities that you’ve liked so far. People reading this may well know about similar universities with lower requirements that might suit you (which is easier than trawling through lists of universities that you’ve never really heard of).
elliewelly16
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Just wait for your results. I would say there's a good chance you made it and you dont want to go down that road unless you have to. Should your grades fall way short, then do not pock a uni you arent interested in. Resit would be a much better choice. Post back if it goes pear shaped but at this stage I would bet you are going to be fine.
That's true, I think I worked hard enough to get the minimum I need (3 B's) but it's just my mind constantly coming up with the worst case scenario from nerves
elliewelly16
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If you want some suggestions/recommendations then I’m sure that TSR will try to help. Let us know your subject and the sort of universities that you’ve liked so far. People reading this may well know about similar universities with lower requirements that might suit you (which is easier than trawling through lists of universities that you’ve never really heard of).
That would be helpful, thank you!! I want to do joint honours English Literature/History (either one of those) and German and the unis that I liked were Exeter (my firm to do history and german), Sheffield (my insurance which is english and german), Leeds, Southampton, Reading and Surrey.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
That's true, I think I worked hard enough to get the minimum I need (3 B's) but it's just my mind constantly coming up with the worst case scenario from nerves
Keep busy and good luck.
If you know you worked hard then you did your best so if it comes under then its just a case of working on your technique . Just sounds like nerves imo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills ā€“ LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%