rockyball89
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Gointto Yr 11 I have problems. I can't sleep, I can do anything I can't even sit down comfortable I keep worrying about my exams and how badly I will oldo, my chest is pounding my heart beats fast. I hate going to my parents because, they gave birth to a failure. Ive sat knee Gcses this year and I wasn't scared idk why I think I did well. Why is this happening to me now? I'm supposed t be revising in the summer but I can't because of this problem I don't have a clear mind 😭😭😭😭
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is normal to stress over GCSEs.
Ananyaxxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rockyball89)
Gointto Yr 11 I have problems. I can't sleep, I can do anything I can't even sit down comfortable I keep worrying about my exams and how badly I will oldo, my chest is pounding my heart beats fast. I hate going to my parents because, they gave birth to a failure. Ive sat knee Gcses this year and I wasn't scared idk why I think I did well. Why is this happening to me now? I'm supposed t be revising in the summer but I can't because of this problem I don't have a clear mind 😭😭😭😭
ah i am getting my results tomorrow for gcse im scared lol. but its summer for u, dont worry now just remember stuff from yr 10 and in yr 11 just revise alot thats the key, revision is very important. dont stress too much its not gud ok? just calm down its gonna be ok trust me, i am a super nervous and dumb and pessimistic person and i got thru it lol. u will be fine
ThronesRanger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
take a panadol and chill
A giant chicken
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Calm down. Organise your thoughts so that you can concentrate. Forget any past failures. Also stop seeing yourself as a failure because it will demotivate you endlessly. If you do well in your exams be glad. If you do bad acknowledge that you want to go better and concentrate all your effort on your next ones. Motivate yourself by trying to do better in every test and exam you do in the future. Also forget about what anyone else might think of you. Clear your mind and focus on one single goal and aim to achieve it no matter what.

That's what I do when I feel like you do anyway and it's always worked well.
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
*but not bit as it takes ages to go on to edit
rockyball89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by A giant chicken)
Calm down. Organise your thoughts so that you can concentrate. Forget any past failures. Also stop seeing yourself as a failure because it will demotivate you endlessly. If you do well in your exams be glad. If you do bad acknowledge that you want to go better and concentrate all your effort on your next ones. Motivate yourself by trying to do better in every test and exam you do in the future. Also forget about what anyone else might think of you. Clear your mind and focus on one single goal and aim to achieve it no matter what.

That's what I do when I feel like you do anyway and it's always worked well.
So are you saying that it ifs okay to fail? My parents keep telling me if I fail anything in my life I will end up having a low paying job
A giant chicken
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rockyball89)
So are you saying that it ifs okay to fail? My parents keep telling me if I fail anything in my life I will end up having a low paying job
Yeah everyone fails at some point. I personally take failure extremely badly and it generally makes me suicidal so I always aim to avoid any failure but guess what...I still fail sometimes. But always use your failure as motivation to improve in the future. For example I've just finished my first year of sixth form. I was getting A's in Politics and Philosophy throughout the year but a C in History. Every term I would try my hardest but would still end up with a C in history. So for my end of year transfer exams I only thought about my failures. I spent forever going over my past exams and my exam technique, my motivation was driven from my failures. And it all payed off as I got an A* in History in my final exam. So use failure as a way of motivating yourself.

Also forget about what your Parent's say. It doesn't matter what job you end up with as long as your happy with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (218)
53.3%
18-20 years old (no) (53)
12.96%
20-25 years old (yes) (64)
15.65%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.87%