Applying for undergraduate degree in Business Economics Watch

Mahbub Ahmed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello,

I am Mahbub Ahmed from Bangladesh, currently studying for my AS-level exams due May 2019.I will get my results by mid-August 2019. Also I am planning to sit for my A2 -level exams in May 2020, the results of which I’ll be receiving by mid-August 2020. I came across University of Westminster by aids of social media and became very interested to join here for my undergraduate degree.

I will be very glad if you can suggest me the optimum time to send my application for an undergraduate course in Business Economics.

Thanks in advance

Mahbub Ahmed
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Blue_Cow
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Mahbub Ahmed)
Hello,

I am Mahbub Ahmed from Bangladesh, currently studying for my AS-level exams due May 2019.I will get my results by mid-August 2019. Also I am planning to sit for my A2 -level exams in May 2020, the results of which I’ll be receiving by mid-August 2020. I came across University of Westminster by aids of social media and became very interested to join here for my undergraduate degree.

I will be very glad if you can suggest me the optimum time to send my application for an undergraduate course in Business Economics.

Thanks in advance

Mahbub Ahmed
Anytime before the UCAS deadline for 2020-2021 academic year entry will be fine.

You're very early, and things will change by the time you apply - whether that's the modules in the course or whatever.
Mahbub Ahmed
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot
University of Westminster
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hello,

Thanks in advance

Mahbub Ahmed
Hi Mahbub

It's great to hear you're considering the University of Westminster to study a Business Economics degree. Applications for 2020 will open from September 2019 onwards with the deadline being 15 January 2020. So you have plenty of time to prepare for your application.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Mahbub Ahmed
Rep:
?
Hi Kim,

I also want to apply for the Full international scholarship. So will my AS grades and predicted A2 grades be enough to sustain the high competition for this scholarship, if I am offered a place?
ltsmith
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Mahbub westminister isn't the best school.

Have you looked at UCL and LSE?
Mahbub Ahmed
Rep:
?
My family wont be able to afford the tutions fees in UK university, so I am looking for Universities that offers 100 % undergraduate scholarship. Came across Oxford Bristol and Westminster. Do you know any other Universities that offer 100 scholarship ?? Oxford and Bristol are very competitive, but Also I have heard some positive reviews about Westminster, thats why considering it.

If you know any other unis that offer 100% scholarship, pls do tell me about them

Thanks smith
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
My family wont be able to afford the tutions fees in UK university, so I am looking for Universities that offers 100 % undergraduate scholarship. Came across Oxford Bristol and Westminster. Do you know any other Universities that offer 100 scholarship ?? Oxford and Bristol are very competitive, but Also I have heard some positive reviews about Westminster, thats why considering it.

If you know any other unis that offer 100% scholarship, pls do tell me about them

Thanks smith
Oxford is but Bristol isn't super competitive. I would try to get into the best university you can because employers are biased about where you study.
Mahbub Ahmed
Rep:
?
Yeah man I know, After my AS, I’ll try for the three of this, hoping to get into Oxford( who doesnt want to go to oxford)

Can you tell me more about Bristol, or can you suggest me to anyone who is there and has achieved the Think Big scholarship?
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi Kim,

I also want to apply for the Full international scholarship. So will my AS grades and predicted A2 grades be enough to sustain the high competition for this scholarship, if I am offered a place?
Hi Mahbub

You'll be able to apply for a Full Scholarship once you receive an offer of a place on the course. Please be aware however that there are only 2 UG full scholarships available. You should lower expectations of being given a scholarship as competition is extremely high for these prestigious awards. We have 4 half-fee scholarships available and again competition is strong.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Duncan2012
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There are lots of universities out there - I wouldn't base a decision on social media ads.

All the scholarship information is online so you'll be able to find this out nearer the time.

Good luck with your current studies.
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Thanks smith
Hi Mahbub

Scholarships progammes and the amount students are awarded are changing within UK universities this year. In the past, universities have been able to award more full scholarships (which are very lucrative). These days with the cuts in funding, UK universities are looking at the way they award scholarships in order to give more awards to needy students.

To award a full scholarship to just one or two students per year is worth tens of thousands of pounds (we're talking about full tuition fees with flights and accommodation etc). Instead universities are now looking to offer far more smaller scholarships for example £1,500 - £3,000 so many more students can benefit. Here at Westminster we only award 2 full UG scholarships each year but far more smaller awards of between £1500-£3000 per year.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Mahbub Ahmed
Rep:
?
Hi Kim,
Thanks a lot for the information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Jun '19
  • University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.46%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.18%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.55%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.65%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.51%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.65%

Watched Threads