The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day 2018: Post Your A-Level Results! (Year 13)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Results

BTEC Engineering: Predicted D* / Achieved D*
Mathematics: Predicted A / Achieved A
Physics: Predicted A / Achieved B

Computing: Predicted A / Achieved A

Firm Offer - AAB/Dist BB

York - Computer Science - Achieved D*AAB

Comments/Reactions

Very pleased with my results, and very excited that I got into my first choice, University of York!
Results

History (A-level OCR): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
English Lit. (A-level OCR): Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Economics (A-level AQA): Predicted A / Achieved A*
GovPol (A level Edexcel): Predicted A* / Achieved A

Firm Offer if Received

Oxford - History - AAA

Comments/Reactions

Cramming works.
Got BCC and have no uni place yet.
Biology A*/B
Chemistry A*/A
Maths A/A
EPQ A/A*

Lancaster University/ Medicine / AAA
Offer confirmed

Comments: it isn't all about getting the 3 As in medicine, it's about totalling up to the revelant ucas points and how much they liked you at interview. I wish someone had told me that to prevent some of the medicine result stress 😅
Maths (AQA) - Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Music (WJEC) - Predicted A / Achieved A*
History A (OCR) - Predicted A* / Achieved B

Firm offer: Cardiff University to study Music (ABB) with an instrumental scholarship

I'm incredibly happy of course, especially with my music mark! History was disappointing as I'm 1 mark off of an A, and it was my thematic paper which really let me down (I got a C in it, whilst received an A* in all of my other modules) :/ I've sent it to be remarked so fingers crossed it will go up to an A. Even if it doesn't, I'm still so pleased with all my other marks. I worked so hard in music this year so I'm incredibly glad it paid off. Music is easily one of the hardest A levels so it feels pretty good :biggrin:
Results

Subject: Maths
Predicted A* / Achieved A*
Subject: Physics
Subject: Chemistry
Subject: Further Maths
Predicted A / Achieved A*

Firm Offer if Received

Durham University - Natural Sciences - A*AA

I GOT AN A* IN FURTHER MATHS W H A T????
honestly the most surprising thing that's ever happened to me!!! I'm so happy and I can't wait to go to university!
Predictions
Advancing Physics B: B
Mathematics: D
Chemistry Salters B: C

Results:
Advancing Physics B: B
Mathematics: A - 4 marks off c3 and c4 combined to get an A* :frown:
Chemistry Salters B: B
What am I studying: Physics with Cosmology and Astronomy
Firm: Glasgow
Insurance: Sussex (foundation year)
Decision: Went through Clearing/Adjustment to get an offer from Lancaster for the same course!
(edited 5 years ago)
Subject: English Lit; Predicted: A* / Achieved: A
Subject: Computer Science; Predicted: A* / Achieved: A*
Subject: Maths; Predicted: A / Achieved: A*

Firm Choice: Warwick English Lit AAA (:
Comments:
Slightly disappointed with English because I want to do it at uni but still really happy with my results and my uni!! Maths shook me a bit, I was expecting to scrape an A if that because last year I got low B's in two of the AS modules; ended up with 100 ums in all the A2 exams though, practising past papers so much got me through tbh
Reply 168
Anyone else get the firm like me but not happy with their results and just feeling like absolutely ****? :smile:)))
Reply 169
Subject: Biology A (OCR), Predicted: D / Achieved: C

Subject: Psychology (Eduqas), Predicted: C / Achieved: B

Subject: Government and Politics (Edexcel), Predicted: B / Acheived: A

Firm Choice: Keele - Forensic Science BBB

Insurance Choice: Hull - Forensic Science BBC

I got into Keele :smile: :smile:
Original post by dvx
Wow you got an A* in Electronics! What is your exam board?

I got an A in Electronics (AS) and my exam board is WJEC. Have any tips for next year? Congratulations on your results!

My exam board was AQA. I quite liked this exam board because I found it quite easy but this years electronics exam was sooooo difficult but i managed to get through because the grade boundaries were so low!!! (42/80 for one of the papers for an A)

I revised by past papers and flash cards! A lot of it is problem solving so just generally doing problems in physics/maths etc will help.

WJEC has a lot more stuff but AQA also had loads of content to remember so i say just revise and revise!!

Good luck with next year and well done :biggrin:
Subject: Maths, Predicted: A*, Achieved: A*
Subject: Physics, Predicted: A*, Achieved: A*
Subject: History, Predicted: A/B, Achieved: A*

Firm choice: University of Bristol to study Mechanical Engineering (needed AAB)

I am so so happy! I didn't really expect to get 3 A*s at all, was so anxious for the whole summer and I am just so happy it worked out! History shocked me the most as I always struggled to do good essays and my teacher was often very critical of my work, could not believe I got an A*. Likewise for Physics I was so surprised, paper 1 went so badly and I felt devastated afterwards! I thought I was doomed at the start of the Physics course as I didn't do triple science at GCSE, and almost dropped out of college in Lower Sixth due to anxiety. Very happy :biggrin:
Subject-Grade (Predicted and Achieved)
Maths-A*
Further Maths-A*
Additional Further Maths-A*
Chemistry-A*
Physics-A*

Comments- Happy and surprised but there are people better than me so...
Original post by tedtheshred
Maths-A*
Further Maths-A*
Chemistry-A*
Physics-A*

Better than 5A*s in the 5 hardest subjects? Well done
Original post by rob07walker
Better than 5A*s in the 5 hardest subjects? Well done

Thanks mate. I'm thinking of people at the top of olympiads eg the IMO team- they're way ahead of me
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by tedtheshred
Maths-A*
Further Maths-A*
Chemistry-A*
Physics-A*

Who's better than you? No one takes 6 A levels mate... just accept you did very well
Well done!
Subjects:

Film
Media
Music Technology

Predicted grades
Film- A
Media- B
Music Technology- C (I think)

Firm: University of Roehampton (unconditional 😁) But 112 UCAS points
Insurance: Bournemouth Univeristy- 112 UCAS points (don't know why I have one despite my unconditional firm but who knows)

Actual Results

Film- B (three marks off an A though 😬)
Media- A (so thrilled as I got a B last year so I had to basically aim for full marks this year to get that)
Music Tech- C (yes! Even though apparently I got a D in this years exam oof)
Subject: English Lit. PRED - C ACHIEVED - C
Subject: Media. PRED - B ACHIEVED - B
Subject: Art PRED - A ACHIEVED - A*

Comments: Was slightly happy at first, especially with english. I know I got a C but I don't know if my teachers marked so harshly but constantly got U's, E's, D's. I was expecting lower than a C. I did not complete most answers since I write slowly and thinking about these answers were extremely difficult. Turns out I was actually 2 marks off a B, which is bloody amazing imo.

Media I was very disappointed at, I was getting A's and in the end I got a B. However I do blame the fact that I again, ran out of time, so I missed out one essential paragraph. I expected an A.

Art was just self explanatory. Stressed out so much but was the only subject I kept trying throughout the year. Ran out of energy by the end for other subjects but for some reason I still wanted to try hard for art.
----
English and media grades were my fault though which made me disappointed in myself. If I did try harder I would have easily gotten A*, A, B lol. oops!
Predicted:
Business Studies - Distinction
Financial Studies - A
Media Studies - C

ACTUAL:

Business - Distinction
Financial Studies - A
Media Studies - B

Quick Reply

Latest