History B.A popular? Is it very hard to get into?

Watch this thread
akpo
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
It’s a very popular course at oxford, not oversubscribed because they’re are many dominations such as history&economics, history&politics that are also considered for straight history post-interview, but yes, probably one of top 5 most applied courses at oxford.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
https://www.ox.ac.uk/sites/files/oxf...s%20Report.pdf
https://gyazo.com/490fafa54a378ce48d8267f282025b02

History itself (not history & politics, although that one has very few places anyway) is one of the less competitive ones actually. Yes, it has close to the most applicants, but there are a lot of places. Applications to admissions is 4.2:1 which is quite generous for an elite university.
Nnnngggg
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
will I be able to get into history ba at Oxford ? Is it very popular?
Are there less places available?
Because I checked the interview rate for b.a history is 72% and the intake is 224 I think that’s very generous do you guys ageee?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nnnngggg)
Because I checked the interview rate for b.a history is 72% and the intake is 224 I think that’s very generous do you guys ageee?
What's your academic record like?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nnnngggg)
And they had nearly 1000 applicants giving an offer rate of 22%.

If you like the course and can meet the academic requirements, and fancy a 1 in 5 chance, you should apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
42.44%
The paper was reasonable (221)
42.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.3%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
5.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed