The Student Room Group

I Got a bad grade in IGCSE should I move forward to AS or repeat?

Hello recently I've received my Cambridge IGCSE exam and it was the worse result ever. I feel depressed and can't stop thinking I'm only good at Computer Science which I got B but rest of subject like Math, physics, English and Chemistry are D and E. I really don't know what to do. I was thinking alone that if I fail should I repeat my exam or move forward to A S level. I've already started my A S level lesson for Math, physics and computer . But one suggestion should I retake or keep moving forward. I honestly feel down just because of that. Honestly will the university in Canada or Australia or any part of the world accept my IGCSE grade or AS level grade. I really felt so sad and most of my friends get better grade than me and I feel guilt and i feel depressed. No what should i do?
Don't waste your time retaking it... Reconsider if you really want to do maths and physics at AS level though; It will be even tougher than IGCSE, especially if you don't have a good foundation. What I would do is make sure you're actually solid on the IGCSE content and stay consistent throughout next year. Tell yourself you can do it!
Reply 2
Original post by FuryBall
Don't waste your time retaking it... Reconsider if you really want to do maths and physics at AS level though; It will be even tougher than IGCSE, especially if you don't have a good foundation. What I would do is make sure you're actually solid on the IGCSE content and stay consistent throughout next year. Tell yourself you can do it!

So you mean I have to move forward to AS. Btw will university accept my IGs grade or AS level
Reply 3
I highly doubt they'd let you on as with fails,
Original post by fighter5555
So you mean I have to move forward to AS. Btw will university accept my IGs grade or AS level

Well, first of all, I'd recommend talking to the head of sixth-form.
Secondly, no I don't think universities will care too much about IGCSEs (unless you're applying to Oxbridge or any other university for medicine) unless you get bad grades in AS (or you're predicted low).
Reply 5
Original post by FuryBall
Well, first of all, I'd recommend talking to the head of sixth-form.
Secondly, no I don't think universities will care too much about IGCSEs (unless you're applying to Oxbridge or any other university for medicine) unless you get bad grades in AS (or you're predicted low).

I'm applying for Software engineering not medicine
Well, either way, you need good AS results in maths and physics if you're aiming to get into a good university for software engineering...

Quick Reply

Latest