The Student Room Group

UCL missed offer, how lenient is UCL?

I have an offer for social science with quantitative methods of AAB, I just got one of my grades today which is a B and I don't think I can get an A for further maths either. do you think they'll still let me in ? is the course oversubscribed?
Original post by alflijames1
I have an offer for social science with quantitative methods of AAB, I just got one of my grades today which is a B and I don't think I can get an A for further maths either. do you think they'll still let me in ? is the course oversubscribed?

UCL is a popular uni. It will really depend on the rest of your application and how everyone else did. Do you have an insurance offer? Have you looked for a back up uni through clearing?
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
UCL is a popular uni. It will really depend on the rest of your application and how everyone else did. Do you have an insurance offer? Have you looked for a back up uni through clearing?

yes I do have an insurance offer, but I really want to study at UCL as I'm more interested in the modules they offer.
yes I do have an insurance offer, but I really want to study at UCL as I'm more interested in the modules they offer.

Is retaking an option then?

They make offers to 91% of applicants - so they're not oversubscribed. It's difficult to know whether they consider some of those grades to be required to succeed on the course.
I'm afraid you'll just need to wait until Thursday.
Reply 5
Is retaking an option then?

I'm not really sure whether I can do that or not
I'm not really sure whether I can do that or not

Sorry why not?
How were you able to know your grade in one before?
That's some desperation, retaking B's.
Original post by R.klutse00
How were you able to know your grade in one before?

CIE A level results have been released today
Original post by random_matt
That's some desperation, retaking B's.

My friend missed her offer amd considered retaking her English which she got a 6 in (she did IB so that’s equivilant to an A in A levels). desperate times man
Sorry why not?

because I thought unis won't accept people who take Alevels for more than 2 years but I'm not sure
because I thought unis won't accept people who take Alevels for more than 2 years but I'm not sure

That's mainly for medicine.

I think you need to spend some time researching your options as I and others have now given you plenty. Have a look at unis and their websites and what their requirements are.
That's mainly for medicine.

I think you need to spend some time researching your options as I and others have now given you plenty. Have a look at unis and their websites and what their requirements are.

Thank you for your suggestions
I applied to UCL for Anthropology and was offered AAB. Yesterday my results were actually ABB (socio, RS and english lit) and they still gave me the place.
I'm going ahead and assuming its because Anthropology is possibly* an under-subscribed course in comparison to subjects like Law and engineering.

The fact that they accepted me goes to show they can be quite lenient but I believe it truly depends on your course and how close you were to the offer. I hope it went well for you!
Original post by pineapplecrunch
I applied to UCL for Anthropology and was offered AAB. Yesterday my results were actually ABB (socio, RS and english lit) and they still gave me the place.
I'm going ahead and assuming its because Anthropology is possibly* an under-subscribed course in comparison to subjects like Law and engineering.

The fact that they accepted me goes to show they can be quite lenient but I believe it truly depends on your course and how close you were to the offer. I hope it went well for you!

Congratulations!! and thankyou but unfortunately they didn't accept me but luckily I still love my insurance choice as well :smile: so I'm very happy about it regardless

Quick Reply

Latest