hjwicks5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Results day…

Three words,

I’M ****ING TERRIFIED

On Thursday 17th August I will find out whether or not I have got into my chosen university- Liverpool John Moores to study media production, BA Hons course for 3 years. Liverpool was my first choice because I LOVE the city, my mother was born and grew up in Liverpool, so having been there many times I love the place. There is so much there to see, always quirky pieces of art or cute little cafes tucked away in alleys you would normally go down.

I recently moved from Worcester to Reading, so on that dreaded day, I have to drive down to Reading at the crack of dawn to be at my school in time to receive my results and open the brown envelope which will change the course of my future in a good way or a bad way.

I am not your smart academic student.

I am average

I always get by, I work very hard and always get C’s or if I'm lucky a B. I’m not the person who gets a C and goes, ‘ah this I did so bad, I should have revised more!’

NO

I am the person who gets a C and is proud, knowing that I did my best and revised as much as I could.

So when it comes to results day I know that all I need is to pass everything, yes I would love to get a B and an A, well that would make me the happiest person alive, but I’m not getting my hopes up that high, as hard as it is for me to say, I will accept what I get. Like all results days for me so far I have cried, whether it be happiness or sadness, this year I would like to try and hold it together and be optimistic, whatever results I get, so this year's aim is to not cry, BE POSITIVE, in comparison to my whole life this could just be a minor set back, maybe I’m not ready for university, so in the next year, I could retake the subject that I failed, get a job do some travelling and re-apply. Or I might become an Au Pair in America for a year (basically a nanny) this would give me a chance to travel, study and earn money. So at first when I find out that I haven’t got the right grades, I will be disappointed, but I have two strong backup plans which I think would definitely allow me to do what I want for a year and explore and travel.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hjwicks5)
Results day…

Three words,

I’M ****ING TERRIFIED

On Thursday 17th August I will find out whether or not I have got into my chosen university- Liverpool John Moores to study media production, BA Hons course for 3 years. Liverpool was my first choice because I LOVE the city, my mother was born and grew up in Liverpool, so having been there many times I love the place. There is so much there to see, always quirky pieces of art or cute little cafes tucked away in alleys you would normally go down.

I recently moved from Worcester to Reading, so on that dreaded day, I have to drive down to Reading at the crack of dawn to be at my school in time to receive my results and open the brown envelope which will change the course of my future in a good way or a bad way.

I am average

I always get by, I work very hard and always get C’s or if I'm lucky a B. I’m not the person who gets a C and goes, ‘ah this I did so bad, I should have revised more!’

NO

I am the person who gets a C and is proud, knowing that I did my best and revised as much as I could.

So when it comes to results day I know that all I need is to pass everything, yes I would love to get a B and an A, well that would make me the happiest person alive, but I’m not getting my hopes up that high, as hard as it is for me to say, I will accept what I get. Like all results days for me so far I have cried, whether it be happiness or sadness, this year I would like to try and hold it together and be optimistic, whatever results I get, so this year's aim is to not cry, BE POSITIVE, in comparison to my whole life this could just be a minor set back, maybe I’m not ready for university, so in the next year, I could retake the subject that I failed, get a job do some travelling and re-apply. Or I might become an Au Pair in America for a year (basically a nanny) this would give me a chance to travel, study and earn money. So at first when I find out that I haven’t got the right grades, I will be disappointed, but I have two strong backup plans which I think would definitely allow me to do what I want for a year and explore and travel.
The things you need are to know you worked hard and tried your best. Comparing yourself to others isnt always helpful.

You are ahead of the game as you have contemplated failing and you have options.

Post back if you are confused. resits are ok and you can improve.

My advice is dont undersell yourself and dont settle for something you arent happy with.
Resits are fine and it happens fast, so dont rule them out.
LJM shouldnt be the hardest uni to get into , so even if you dont get the right grades they could still take you.

GL and post back if you hit a bump.
hjwicks5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
The things you need are to know you worked hard and tried your best. Comparing yourself to others isnt always helpful.

You are ahead of the game as you have contemplated failing and you have options.

Post back if you are confused. resits are ok and you can improve.

My advice is dont undersell yourself and dont settle for something you arent happy with.
Resits are fine and it happens fast, so dont rule them out.
LJM shouldnt be the hardest uni to get into , so even if you dont get the right grades they could still take you.

GL and post back if you hit a bump.

Thanks for the advice means a lot
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for the advice means a lot
It was a bit difficult to see what you wanted, but I liked your spirit.

My advice is. Prepare your mind like you are and remind yourself you will be ok whatever the results.

I think I imagined what feeling felt like and had written down what I would do.

LJM should be easy to get into so if it doesnt happen and you really want it I would say resit.

Get in early and get the results, the post back if you need to look at the options. GL.
Francesco8801
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Results day…

Three words,

I’M ****ING TERRIFIED

I am average

NO

Best of luck! With your positive attitude and hard work you will go where you want to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (125)
28.22%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.09%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.64%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.26%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.8%

Watched Threads