EPQ dissertation + presentation help!

Watch this thread
Fragrant_Armpits
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I'm pretty much done with research and now its writing and I'm confused on some parts

1)If I'm using purely secondary data, but theres loads of it, tables and what not I have to reference, do I need an Appendix?

2)When I see EPQ structures, theres always literature review. I should know this by now, but what is it referring to?I always thought it was just main body paragraphs (in this context)

3)Can I use my own subheadings to split my main body paragraphs? Like listing a factor?

4)Structure: Intro + (Appendix) + main Body + Conclusion + References is all I need, right?

5)15 minute Presentation: I thought I was meant to pretty much present the answer to my question; but I also have to evaluate my EPQ journey?How does this work?

Thank you very much in advance if you are able to answer at least one, cuz I've been lost on this for a long time.
Pipppp1881
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I have just recently completed my EPQ so hopefully I can help.

3 and 4 yep you can use your own subheadings and that is the structure I used so it should be fine

5) the presentation is like an evaluation of what you did so what did you do well, what didn’t you do well (e.g. maybe you didn’t stick to deadlines or you didn’t do through enough research to be able to answer your question) and what you would do next time. You could talk about about what you concluded & the steps you went through to get that conclusion ( like if you made a plan of what you are going to do and when).
Risk08
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
There is LOADS on resources online for EPQ as well as your supervisor. Reports can be in any format that is appropriate for your subject. Mine was a technical project so I did a technical report. There are examples you can look at online and at your school for a variety of report structures and what they choose to include.

REMEMBER the presentation is to an intelligent audience who aren't experts in your field. You need to focus on the EPQ journey and the skills and such you gained. Problems etc... The more advanced you are at presentations will allow you to explain your project during this to add context but assuming they don't know any subject specific stuff. Always link back to your journey and avoid explaining your whole EPQ. One important thing, DON'T read off the board!
umbrellala
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fragrant_Armpits)
So I'm pretty much done with research and now its writing and I'm confused on some parts

1)If I'm using purely secondary data, but theres loads of it, tables and what not I have to reference, do I need an Appendix?

2)When I see EPQ structures, theres always literature review. I should know this by now, but what is it referring to?I always thought it was just main body paragraphs (in this context)

3)Can I use my own subheadings to split my main body paragraphs? Like listing a factor?

4)Structure: Intro + (Appendix) + main Body + Conclusion + References is all I need, right?

5)15 minute Presentation: I thought I was meant to pretty much present the answer to my question; but I also have to evaluate my EPQ journey?How does this work?

Thank you very much in advance if you are able to answer at least one, cuz I've been lost on this for a long time.
I have a thread here which includes all of my EPQ examples at the bottom if that's helpful (there's pretty much everything I used and submitted in there including how I laid out my notes and used my sources). The only question that they don't answer is 5. For my presentation, it was essentially a very condensed run-through of my research and then an evaluation. The evaluation section was about 1/3 of my whole presentation. I spoke directly to the person who would be marking my presentation about what they wanted it to be about, because within the markers at my school there were some differing opinions on how much content/evaluation to include so it's probably safest to ask your mentor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (197)
42%
The paper was reasonable (208)
44.35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (39)
8.32%
It was TERRIBLE (25)
5.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise