The Student Room Group

ovo192's Grade Evolution [GYG 2018 - 2019]

Intro: Hello, I'm ovo192 and welcome to my GYG blog. I decided to do this as I'm just about to start Year 13, and I really wanted to document it, plus it looked fun. I currently take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry at AS and the plan is to drop Chemistry for Year 13.

The Goal: The plan is to go to university to do an Engineering degree. Grades-wise, A*A*A*, because why not? And most of the Engineering courses I'm looking at want high grades.

Results: GCSE: 866A*ABBBBB, AS: AABB (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry), A2 Prediction: TBC, A Level: TBC.

Universities: I have some in mind but it’s all dependant on my AS results.

The Plan: I plan to update everyday and I’ll try to stick to that. Ask anything you like, and I’ll be sure to get back to you.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with year 13. A*A*A* prediction would surely help with the uni application :biggrin: What sort of unis you looking at for the Engineering
Reply 2
Original post by SomMC1
Good luck with year 13. A*A*A* prediction would surely help with the uni application :biggrin: What sort of unis you looking at for the Engineering

So far places like Warwick and Durham seem great but it all depend on results day so... let's hope.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Does anyone have an idea why my picture has gone?
Reply 4
Original post by ovo192

No clue! try reuploading. I'll see if I can fix the layout too.
When I went to edit your post I saw the image though.
Reply 5
Original post by Sinnoh
No clue! try reuploading. I'll see if I can fix the layout too.
When I went to edit your post I saw the image though.

Yeah, I did too. But now it's gone again, I'm just going to mess around with it untill some thing sticks, but thanks for your help.
Original post by ovo192

says the attachment's not found; have you tried uploading it onto imgur? the pic uploading on here is very temperamental.
Reply 7
Original post by entertainmyfaith
says the attachment's not found; have you tried uploading it onto imgur? the pic uploading on here is very temperamental.

I'll try that thanks.
Original post by ovo192
I'll try that thanks.

no problem. you'll need to copy and paste the link off a little black box which should appear when you hover your mouse over the uploaded photo then place the link like this;
“I’ve never been to oovoo javer”

Also, amazing grades and good luck!!
Reply 10
Original post by immigrant #963
“I’ve never been to oovoo javer”

Also, amazing grades and good luck!!

Thanks!!
Reply 11
Original post by entertainmyfaith
no problem. you'll need to copy and paste the link off a little black box which should appear when you hover your mouse over the uploaded photo then place the link like this;

It worked!!! thank you so much.
Original post by ovo192
It worked!!! thank you so much.

no problem!:smile: good luck with your gyg this year!
Reply 13
Reply 14
Update 1: It's around 1pm and I haven't done anything but stress about tommorrow. I've been trying to write up some Physics flashcards but I keep stopping to check (probably fake) grade boundaries.
Reply 15
Update 2: I've finally finished all my Physics flashcards and I've been trying to finish the first draft of my personal statement, but no matter how I look at it or reword stuff, I just don't like it.
Reply 16
Original post by ovo192
Update 2: I've finally finished all my Physics flashcards and I've been trying to finish the first draft of my personal statement, but no matter how I look at it or reword stuff, I just don't like it.

Here's an apparent truth about personal statement writing that I've found.
You're probably not going to like what you've got. It'll always seem like there's more to add, or that you could reword something. Other personal statements will always seem clearer, more concise, more likely to get offers. But here's the thing -
everyone feels that way. Nobody, in the end, truly 100% stands out, because every admissions tutor will be reading hundreds if not thousands of them. The only reason you should make it as good as possible is because everyone's trying to.
I think the best way to approach it is write loads, and then cut it down harshly. I need to follow my own advice a bit more too :argh:
Reply 17
Original post by Sinnoh
Here's an apparent truth about personal statement writing that I've found.
You're probably not going to like what you've got. It'll always seem like there's more to add, or that you could reword something. Other personal statements will always seem clearer, more concise, more likely to get offers. But here's the thing -
everyone feels that way. Nobody, in the end, truly 100% stands out, because every admissions tutor will be reading hundreds if not thousands of them. The only reason you should make it as good as possible is because everyone's trying to.
I think the best way to approach it is write loads, and then cut it down harshly. I need to follow my own advice a bit more too :argh:

This is so true, I read my friend's and I was amazed. But yeah, I've just got to keep going at it I guess.
Reply 18
Reply 19
Update 1: I've just gotten my AS results and it's a bittersweet moment, cause I did better than I thought I would in one subject but worse in two. In the end, I've gotten AABB, in Maths, Futher Maths, Physics and Chemistry, respectively. I really did want an A in physics to get an A* prediction, but on the other hand, I'm suprised I even passed FM, as in the mock three weeks before the exam I had barely scraped an E. But at the end of the day, I did well, I know I've worked hard and it's only upwards from here.

Quick Reply

Latest