The Student Room Group

Watt are you doing?! Laura's Year 11 GYG

Attachment not found

Hello and welcome to my GYG!

I made one last year and it helped with my revision and i got to see what other people were doing school-wise too!

An introduction:

My name is Laura :hello: I'm just about to go into Year 11 and sit all my GCSEs in May/June :afraid:
I play the cello and a bit of piano and do netball and badminton outside of school :biggrin:

My subjects are:
Maths - OCR
English Literature - AQA
English Language - AQA
Biology -OCR
Chemistry - OCR
Physics - OCR
R.E - AQA
Geography - AQA
Music - Edexcel

My grades at the end of Year 10:

Spoiler

Grades I would like:

Spoiler

The future: (:eek:)

Spoiler

Ummm i think that's everything... so yeah updates a few times a week (2 or 3?) and probably some chibird and other motivational whatsits along the way :smile:
Comment if you want (or not :ninja:) but whatever you do, keep smiling! :grouphugs:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Damn good grades :biggrin: If your school is this stingy with 9s you should be quite hopeful though! It was 80% for a 9 in maths in 2017 which does seem a bit low.
I kind of hate how some schools force students to take EPQ though. A lot of universities do not recognise it. But I guess it'll boost your application so there's that.
Best of luck

I'm completely redoing my tag list, so if you want to be tagged, comment down below and you shall be tagged. If not... then I will never bother you with endless tags again :lol: :ninja:

Spoiler

You grades are great! Tbh I thought you were in year 12 or something. :rofl: How do you already know what unis/course. you want to do?? I'm starting year 12 and I have a list of about 30 unis that I need to look into and that's only for one course I potentially want to do. AAhdsjhagas. :frown: :facepalm: Anyways, good luck for year 11. Have you made any resourses for year 10 content yet (if not I highly reccomend you do that. :biggrin:) Tag me :biggrin:
Original post by Sinnoh
Damn good grades :biggrin: If your school is this stingy with 9s you should be quite hopeful though! It was 80% for a 9 in maths in 2017 which does seem a bit low.
I kind of hate how some schools force students to take EPQ though. A lot of universities do not recognise it. But I guess it'll boost your application so there's that.
Best of luck

thanks! :biggrin: yep, i think i'd be getting a 9 in R.E as i mostly get full marks on assessments, and i got 89% on my maths mock (all 3 papers combined) at the end of this year so :crossedf: :smile:
i don't think i'll mind doing it, but the problem will be trying to think of something to do it about and stick with it :lol:
thank you again :yes:
Also, love the title! :biggrin:
Original post by MaizieAmyr
You grades are great! Tbh I thought you were in year 12 or something. :rofl: How do you already know what unis/course. you want to do?? I'm starting year 12 and I have a list of about 30 unis that I need to look into and that's only for one course I potentially want to do. AAhdsjhagas. :frown: :facepalm: Anyways, good luck for year 11. Have you made any resourses for year 10 content yet (if not I highly reccomend you do that. :biggrin:) Tag me :biggrin:

i've researched a bit into some courses and unis - i guess i just want to know for certain in advance :dontknow: i like everything all ordered and ready :smile:
thank you, and yes i've made most of it as i go along, and am doing a bit more just to get everything sorted in the summer hols (right now!)
will do!
yesss well done on thinking of a good gyg name :laugh:

we are loving the puns :lovehug:

OBVIOUSLY i want to be tagged, i can’t wait xxx
great grades and title:thumbsup:
would love to be tagged ofc:biggrin:
Original post by SomMC1
Good luck in Year 11 :hugs: It'll be a tough year but it's surely manageable and doable!
What does R.E. mean? I've done iGCSEs and I never saw a RE subject?
Grades looking great:u:
Oh and yeah, tag me up please :biggrin:

Religous education. Depending on your school you learn about certain religiouns. So my school did catholic christianity for 75% of the course and judaism for 25% of the course. :yep:
Reply 10
Religous education. Depending on your school you learn about certain religiouns. So my school did catholic christianity for 75% of the course and judaism for 25% of the course. :yep:

Ohhhhh and it's an actual exam you gotta sit in the exam hall or is it some essay you hand in or how does it work?
Original post by clouddbubbles
yesss well done on thinking of a good gyg name :laugh:

we are loving the puns :lovehug:

OBVIOUSLY i want to be tagged, i can’t wait xxx

haha thanks :laugh:
:cube: i can't wait for your gyg updates x:love:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
great grades and title:thumbsup:
would love to be tagged ofc:biggrin:

thank you :girl:
:woo:
Original post by SomMC1
Good luck in Year 11 :hugs: It'll be a tough year but it's surely manageable and doable!
What does R.E. mean? I've done iGCSEs and I never saw a RE subject?
Grades looking great:u:
Oh and yeah, tag me up please :biggrin:

thanks! :yes:
it's religious education but it's also called religion studies (they're the same thing but depends on the school)
what year are you in? :smile:
:woo: will do :hugs:
Original post by SomMC1
Ohhhhh and it's an actual exam you gotta sit in the exam hall or is it some essay you hand in or how does it work?

yep there's 2 exams (maybe 3 idk) and you have a 1, 2, 4, 5 and 12 mark question for each topic and there are about 5 topics i think?
just like a geography exam or something like that :yes:

Original post by 8472
x

thank you :lol:
Original post by SomMC1

Yeah proper exams in the hall, I did edexcel so we had 4 exams.
Original post by laurawatt
yep there's 2 exams (maybe 3 idk) and you have a 1, 2, 4, 5 and 12 mark question for each topic and there are about 5 topics i think?
just like a geography exam or something like that :yes:

thank you :lol:

I think you did a different exam board to me. I did edexcel had 4 topics and a 3 4 5 and 16 mark question
I think you did a different exam board to me. I did edexcel had 4 topics and a 3 4 5 and 16 mark question

i'm doing aqa - the 12 mark question has 3 SPaG marks attached so in reality it's 15 marks :smile:
Original post by SomMC1
Ahhhh so it's an actual full-on gcse subject. but about religion. okay seems fair enough:tongue:

And Im just about to enter the world of Y13 and uni application:biggrin: *check out my gyg linked in my signatureeeee*

will do! :biggrin:
Best of Luck! , I'll be looking forward to hearing about your progress throughout the year :biggrin:
Nice grades again from last year and I'd like to be tagged :tongue:
So excited Laura! :woo:
Will post to watch the thread and might just pop in now and again instead of being tagged ? Hope that's ok :hugs:
Just because I'm quite busy at the moment :sadnod:
I love a young person who knows where they are going.:yep: Absolutely in on this quote-list wise please.:colondollar:

Quick Reply