The Student Room Group

Watt are you doing?! Laura's Year 11 GYG

Scroll to see replies

woah!! well done on such great scores omg :blow:
have fun on DofE, are you doing bronze, silver or gold?? I had so much fun doing bronze, but I missed out doing silver this year :frown:
yayay for prom, have you got a prom dress in mind? :heart:
Original post by peachystudy
woah!! well done on such great scores omg :blow:
have fun on DofE, are you doing bronze, silver or gold?? I had so much fun doing bronze, but I missed out doing silver this year :frown:
yayay for prom, have you got a prom dress in mind? :heart:

Thanks! Hope you’re doing okay now :jumphug:
Silver :proud: bit annoying that it’s so close to exams though :s-smilie:
Yeee I’ve got my prom dress :excited: How about you?
Original post by laurawatt
Thanks! Hope you’re doing okay now :jumphug:
Silver :proud: bit annoying that it’s so close to exams though :s-smilie:
Yeee I’ve got my prom dress :excited: How about you?

I hope you're doing great too :heart:
That's true, you'll be fine though :tongue:
Omg that's so exciting :jumphug: After a month of searching :afraid: , I finally ordered my dress! :excited:

Super long post, sorry! Most of this was written near the end of the easter hols (about the 19th April :lol:)
TLDR - about a 25:75 split work:relaxing :thumbsup:

Hi everyone! Less than a month until exams :eek3: am probably going to carry this blog on all the way through (if you want taking off the tag list as exams are soon please do say!)
EDIT: only 2 weeks now! :eek:

I’ve found it pretty hard to concentrate throughout the holidays, and have been operating at a 12:12 day (not by choice!) - 12 hours awake and 12 hours sleeping, which may seem good on the surface, but turned out to be incredibly frustrating (I would have got up earlier, but was unable to due to other reasons :smile:)
I’ve also been ill :ill: so have not been feeling up to as much :dontknow:
I have been in :france: for the last 2 weeks :grin: nice and sunny... but as a result, I wanted to make the most of it rather than do loads of work... :colondollar:

Maths - have used this subject to gloriously procrastinate, not only doing practise questions, but I brought a set of 3 practise papers to do :smile: (though I forgot to bring the set we were meant to do for homework! :colondollar:). They were Edexcel ones (not my exam board) but I off them and marked them and got 196/240 which is alright, but not ideal :laugh: (61,68,67 each out of 80) On the front of each paper i made a list of all the errors so I can go back and review those topics!

Biology - Have done little bits throughout the holiday, but I desperately need to review all of the PAGs (required practicals) I think I’ve done one practise paper :smile:

Chemistry - ......... ummmm :hide:
I’d better buck up my ideas if I’ve chosen to do this for A-level though :shakecane:

Physics - have done both of the June 2018 papers (the markschemes are at school) and have revised all of P1,3,6,7 in detail and need to go over P2, 5 and the space part of P8 as a matter of urgency really :lol:

Geography - have done living world, and challenge of resource management (admittedly the 2 easiest topics). Need to go over UK physical landscapes as a matter of urgency :eek:

English Language - we got set a Paper 2 to do for homework... that is a job for this afternoon :laugh:

English Lit - reread A Christmas Carol, done an essay plan about Sheila from An Inspector Calls and have complied the key quotes from all the poems (have learnt Ozymandias by heart and know key paragraphs from Charge of the Light Brigade and War Photographer.
Surprised myself as over the last few days I’ve suddenly taken an interest in English Lit again :dontknow:

R.E - did no work in the holidays :rofl:

Music - did some music ‘blurts’ so wrote out everything I could remember about all the set works and then added the rest in a different colour to see what I knew :smile:

So now it’s 2 weeks until exams at time of this edit and posting and school has been pretty standard - every lesson has been revision and some of it’s productive and some of it’s not :lol:
Did the maths papers and got 88,80 and 91 :woo: (/100)
Have been doing a bit more revision but still not as much as I’d like :unsure:

It's May already :hide: h e l p
However hoping you’re all okay and doing well :heart: :hugs:
Keep smiling!

Spoiler

Ah good old maths procrastination. It's even easier to procrastinate with maths in A-level :rofl:
But well done on them, definitely looking like a 9 is in reach.

I should try the blurt method for history actually. Nice method.
Glad you had a good break, relaxing is important! :hugs:
Sounds like maths is going well especially :gah: Good luck for revision for the next couple weeks - not long now, you've got this! :rave:
The cut time problem is REAL AJDBLDTBSLRWGPN :cry:

Well done in managing to get some work in though. Keep going! :rave:
glad you had a break:hugs:
well done on scores!!
guess its time to hussle
Original post by sadasdasfsfafg
guess its time to hussle

Pretty much :eek:
You’ve got exams this year haven’t you? Good luck! :crossedf:
Saw ya on the RE thread. Sounds like it went well, keep going! x
R.E - Beliefs and Practises!

[scroll]1 down, 19 more to go![/scroll]
What a g of a paper :love:

[won't talk about specific questions as people will have them for mocks next year :smile:]

I did the Christianity and Hinduism papers and I really liked them! Okay, wording was a bit weird and you had to be clued up about key words for the Hinduism paper but apart from that I found that I had enough time to answer all the questions as best as I possibly could :thumbsup:
I found that all the 12 markers left quite a lot of room for personal interpretation and so you could basically make the questions into anything you wanted to talk about :biggrin:

From talking to other people they either found it really good or pretty bad so I think grade boundaries will be about consistent with last year, maybe moving up a mark or two but nothing drastic :yay:

Was in a good frame of mind going into the exam so wasn't panicking like I thought I'd be doing :laugh:

I'm thinking I'll do one of these for every exam? If you want to be taken off the tag list (either just fr exams or for good) please let me know! I don't want to spam you with notifs :ninja:

You're all great, keep smiling! :grin:

Spoiler

Original post by RazzzBerries
Saw ya on the RE thread. Sounds like it went well, keep going! x

Prsom Raz! Hope yours went okay! :biggrin:
What did you say for the 12 marker on the lord’s prayer?
Oh ma days GCSE'S :eek:
Original post by s.m999
What did you say for the 12 marker on the lord’s prayer?

> a good basis for new christians as it shows praise, asking for things and asking for forgiveness/not to be tempted so could be used as a template. also a popular well known prayer.
> informal prayers allow more personal prayers to help in specific situations + to get closer to god as can be said anywhere
> another 2 paragraphs talking about set prayers and something else I can't remember :lol:
> then a conclusion :smile:

Did you find the question okay?
Original post by Obolinda
Oh ma days GCSE'S :eek:

yep :rofl:
heard about the terrible question, luckily mine weren't (too) bad, just a few stupid questions :s-smilie:
Original post by laurawatt
> a good basis for new christians as it shows praise, asking for things and asking for forgiveness/not to be tempted so could be used as a template. also a popular well known prayer.
> informal prayers allow more personal prayers to help in specific situations + to get closer to god as can be said anywhere
> another 2 paragraphs talking about set prayers and something else I can't remember :lol:
> then a conclusion :smile:

Did you find the question okay?

It was pretty hard, hoping I can scrape at least 7/12 since that was my weakest answer.

Last year was 82/102 for an 8, what do you think it'll be this year?
Sounds like you smashed it, well done! :rave:
Good luck for the next ones :hugs: You've got this :woo: (forgot how many exams there are at GCSE :afraid:)
Original post by mpaprika
heard about the terrible question, luckily mine weren't (too) bad, just a few stupid questions :s-smilie:

Found them all okay. The Hinduism 4/5 markers were all super weird though :laugh:
Original post by s.m999
It was pretty hard, hoping I can scrape at least 7/12 since that was my weakest answer.

Last year was 82/102 for an 8, what do you think it'll be this year?

I'm sure you've done great!
I reckon it will be the same just about because some found it easy and some found it really hard :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending