The Student Room Group

Watt are you doing?! Laura's Year 11 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurawatt

4/9/18

School tomorrow! :eek3:

Sang at the Year 7s church service in the choir which was nice :biggrin: got some weird looks as i was walking back home though because i was in my school uniform :lol: they were like :K: :confused: :curious: :doh::eyeball:
Picked up my school blazer from town today :yep: got my friend her christmas present :lol: a bit early i know, but it might have gone by christmas time so :grin:
I have a new tie too :yikes: it's a prefects one :eek4:
Over the hols i made a goals list for throughout the year :biggrin:

This half-term:

> get a job/more volunteering
> keep on top of homework - not the night before!
> read (at least) 5 books
> try a food i've never tried before
> go running 5+ times
> go clothes shopping

Before christmas:

> ace my mocks (which are just after half term i think - early november?)
> perform in school christmas concert

This (academic) year:

> ace my GCSEs
> research into university courses/a-levels options etc.
> do mindfullness/yoga every day
> arrange and do some work experience (we can't do any through school/in school time :frown:)
> keep smiling!! :rave:

:grouphugs:
please say if you want to be taken off/put on the tag list :biggrin:

Spoiler

Good luck with school!
makes me realise i should make some goals soon:redface:
hope it all goes well tomorrow:biggrin:

4/9/18

School tomorrow! :eek3:

Sang at the Year 7s church service in the choir which was nice :biggrin: got some weird looks as i was walking back home though because i was in my school uniform :lol: they were like :K: :confused: :curious: :doh::eyeball:
Picked up my school blazer from town today :yep: got my friend her christmas present :lol: a bit early i know, but it might have gone by christmas time so :grin:
I have a new tie too :yikes: it's a prefects one :eek4:
Over the hols i made a goals list for throughout the year :biggrin:

This half-term:

> get a job/more volunteering
> keep on top of homework - not the night before!
> read (at least) 5 books
> try a food i've never tried before
> go running 5+ times
> go clothes shopping

Before christmas:

> ace my mocks (which are just after half term i think - early november?)
> perform in school christmas concert

This (academic) year:

> ace my GCSEs
> research into university courses/a-levels options etc.
> do mindfullness/yoga every day
> arrange and do some work experience (we can't do any through school/in school time :frown:)
> keep smiling!! :rave:

:grouphugs:
please say if you want to be taken off/put on the tag list :biggrin:

Spoiler

Love those goals! Good luck! x
Good luck with those goals! :rave:
i love setting goals because normally i forget about them and realise that i've achieved them anyway!
good luck though! although i'm pretty certain you'll smash them :wink:
you will reach those goals easily!!!! and they look fun :nod:

only goals I have is some grade targets that i put on my phone memo :lol:

gl with school :hugs:
Honestly, how do you have your life so put together...:eek3:?? I'm gonna start setting goals for myself now. I'm sure you can smash those goals:h:!
i should probably be writing some goals!

glad i’m not the only one who didnt get school work experience :frown: gotta find it for ourselves then!!
Original post by bowl-of-rice
Honestly, how do you have your life so put together...:eek3:?? I'm gonna start setting goals for myself now. I'm sure you can smash those goals:h:!

I wouldn’t say my life is ‘together’ :laugh:
I just find it easier to do things when I what to do and I need what time frame :yes: :h:
Thank you! I’m sure you’ll smash yours too! :rave:
Original post by clouddbubbles

glad i’m not the only one who didnt get school work experience :frown: gotta find it for ourselves then!!

:yep: I don’t know what I can find related to what I want to do though - any maths related ideas? :lol:
5/9/18

:fyi: We have the same teachers as last year for all of our subjects (so we’re used to their teaching style)
(Also sorry for the lack of editing and presentation - TSR does not want to play ball and I cba to write out all the code :lol:)

First day at school :eek: :jive:

We had an extended registration to start with, so going from 9 until 9:40 (it normally goes to 9:20) An day got our new planners (but bc the government are cutting back on funding, our school is broke so we have paper planners again:rip:)

First lesson was geography, and our teacher (for those of you who don’t know, is my form tutor,) but she’s grown on me tbh, wasn’t too sure on her at the start of Y10 but :yes: she’s good. We did a ‘pub quiz’ on uk physical landscapes as this I see the topic we’re about to start which was fun, then annotated a map with loads of mountains, rivers, lowlands etc. :u:
Then she said she had judged the revision resources we made at the end of year 10 And because ‘everyone revises differently, she couldn’t possibly say who was best’ so she got prizes for everyone :love:

English was next and we started Macbeth :biggrin: we watched a summary video and then went to a computer room and did some context work :yep:

Next was physics and we had a new teacher (ours left at the end of last year) seems nice, but not the best at classroom control :lol: did some stuff about energy stores and transfers :yes:

After lunch was Maths which was good because I love maths :heart: we did about straight line graphs which was like a recap lesson :smile: could do this okay and with no trouble :biggrin:

Last was biology (for triple s science students only) and we did more about plant hormones - continuing from last year :smile: making a presentaton and are presenting them next lesson (we only have one of these per week though)

When I got home I just did a bit of physics revision of P1 and a little bit of P3 :smile:
Watched a bit of Holby city and casualty :love:

Then had a meal with my family and am currently looking through some pictures of abroad when my sister went there recently :biggrin:

Yep, not done too much else :yep:
Hope you all had a great day at school :smile:

Keep smiling! :rave: :grouphugs:
Please say if you want to be added to/taken off the taken off the tag list!

Spoiler

Revision on the first day :eek: You're so dedicated!
:yay: Macbeth :awesome:

I once played murderer #1 :u:

Also Geography pub quiz :teeth: :rofl: I think someone stole that idea from yours truly.:flute:
5/9/18

:fyi: We have the same teachers as last year for all of our subjects (so we’re used to their teaching style)
(Also sorry for the lack of editing and presentation - TSR does not want to play ball and I cba to write out all the code :lol:)

We had an extended registration to start with, so going from 9 until 9:40 (it normally goes to 9:20) An day got our new planners (but bc the government are cutting back on funding, our school is broke so we have paper planners again:rip:)

First lesson was geography, and our teacher (for those of you who don’t know, is my form tutor,) but she’s grown on me tbh, wasn’t too sure on her at the start of Y10 but :yes: she’s good. We did a ‘pub quiz’ on uk physical landscapes as this I see the topic we’re about to start which was fun, then annotated a map with loads of mountains, rivers, lowlands etc. :u:
Then she said she had judged the revision resources we made at the end of year 10 And because ‘everyone revises differently, she couldn’t possibly say who was best’ so she got prizes for everyone :love:

English was next and we started Macbeth :biggrin: we watched a summary video and then went to a computer room and did some context work :yep:

Next was physics and we had a new teacher (ours left at the end of last year) seems nice, but not the best at classroom control :lol: did some stuff about energy stores and transfers :yes:

After lunch was Maths which was good because I love maths :heart: we did about straight line graphs which was like a recap lesson :smile: could do this okay and with no trouble :biggrin:

Last was biology (for triple s science students only) and we did more about plant hormones - continuing from last year :smile: making a presentaton and are presenting them next lesson (we only have one of these per week though)

When I got home I just did a bit of physics revision of P1 and a little bit of P3 :smile:

Then had a meal with my family and am currently looking through some pictures of abroad when my sister went there recently :biggrin:

Spoiler

PRSOM
glad you had a good day :tongue:
good luck this year!!!
awesome!

the pub quiz sounds fun! :smile:
:yep: I don’t know what I can find related to what I want to do though - any maths related ideas? :lol:

maybe some stats related work experience in a company? so you can see how it goes into the world of work?
Yay!
5/9/18

Spoiler

PRSOM :love: I hope you can tag me.
We will get through Year 11 and get the amazing grades we want!
5/9/18

Spoiler

And you say your life isn't put together...you did physics revision on the first day back...:rofl:??? I wish I had your motivation:shock::h:!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending