The Student Room Group

Missing UCL offer

Hi, I'm worried I've missed my offer of A*AA. I have a feeling I've got A*AB, maybe less. How likely is it that they'll accept me?

Thank you
You have less than 24 hours until you find don't you?
Reply 2
It is dependant on the amount of people that got lower grades in comparison doing your same course. A statistic that may be wrong but, is that ucl only gives 91% of offers, so are their subjects are not oversubscribed. So if your at the top of the list for not meeting their offer, they might still accept you.
Reply 3
Original post by random_matt
You have less than 24 hours until you find don't you?

Just over, I find out at 8 on Thursday
Reply 4
Original post by akpo
It is dependant on the amount of people that got lower grades in comparison doing your same course. A statistic that may be wrong but, is that ucl only gives 91% of offers, so are their subjects are not oversubscribed. So if your at the top of the list for not meeting their offer, they might still accept you.

Ok, thanks. I have no idea how I've done, but the course I have an offer for is ESPS
I have an offer with aaa required. Just check my result, it’s aab, I am worrying whether can I still get into the course in UCL😭
Reply 6
Original post by AugustineTTC
I have an offer with aaa required. Just check my result, it’s aab, I am worrying whether can I still get into the course in UCL😭

Well good luck, how do you already know your results? I reckon I've got AAB, so I probably don't have a chance
Original post by akpo

That statistic is for one specific course not for UCL as a whole. Some courses are highly selective and oversubscribed
Original post by Zaporizhia
Ok, thanks. I have no idea how I've done, but the course I have an offer for is ESPS

That's quite selective - https://university.which.co.uk/university-college-london-university-of-london-u80/courses/european-social-and-political-studies-4-years-ba-hons-2019-0dff2e790d9c 68% of applicants get an offer
Reply 9

UCL doesn't go into clearing though, and there's no cap on the number of students anymore (as far as I'm aware), do I have a chance?...

Also, I know the course is selective, but I already have an offer. I'm just concerned about meeting it
Original post by Zaporizhia
UCL doesn't go into clearing though, and there's no cap on the number of students anymore (as far as I'm aware), do I have a chance?...

They haven't gone into clearing in the past few years - but they've accepted applicants for some courses for adjustment.

There's simply no way to know your chances other than to wait until Thursday.

If you're worried then researching some backup options and coming up with a plan B might help with that.
Original post by PQ
They haven't gone into clearing in the past few years - but they've accepted applicants for some courses for adjustment.

There's simply no way to know your chances other than to wait until Thursday.

If you're worried then researching some backup options and coming up with a plan B might help with that.

Ok, thank you, I've looked into a few options

Quick Reply