Results Day 2018 FAQs - University of SurreyWatch
We know a lot of you will be feeling anxious about results day, so we've pulled together some useful information for you here, to save you having to search around to find the info you need.
We've added some FAQs below, but if you have any specific questions on results day our main advice is:
- Use our live chat if you have any questions about confirming your place at Surrey. This will be open 7am - 6pm on results day
- If you are in clearing or are registered for adjustment visit our clearing website to see what courses we have available. Once you've found a suitable course call the hotline (phone number will be available on the clearing site, and will open at 7am on results day. We will also post it in this thread)
How do I know if my place has been confirmed?
What do I do if my UCAS Track hasn't updated?
If you’ve not received any communication from us, or your place is still showing as conditional on UCAS Track or Surrey Self Service, please contact us via our live chat facility.
We will be available on Thursday 16 August from 7am to 6pm.
Are you waiting for GCSE results or to meet other conditions?
If your offer is conditional on GCSE results, these will not be released until 23 August. You should upload these to Surrey Self Service as soon as you receive them.
If you’re waiting on other exam results or conditions, these may also be published at a later date. It is important that you upload these to Surrey Self Service as soon as you receive them so that we can make a decision about your place.
How do I apply to Surrey through Clearing?
1. View the courses available here
2. When you find a suitable course, call the Clearing hotline (number will be available on the website above). Please make sure you have all your qualifications to hand, including your GCSE results.
3. If we can accept you, we’ll let you know during the conversation. You’ll then receive formal confirmation via email.
4. Once you’ve spoken to us, you need to refer yourself to the University via your UCAS Track.
5. Click ‘Add Clearing choice’ and fill in the course details before the deadline you were given in your email and refer yourself. This counts as you firmly accepting the offer.
6. We’ll formally confirm your place and you’ll receive official confirmation from UCAS and see it on your UCAS track.
I’ve not applied to university yet – can I go through Clearing?
If you’ve not yet applied to university, you can complete a UCAS application until 21 September.
If you applied after 30 June, you’ll automatically be entered into Clearing, so you shouldn’t fill in any choices on your application.
To apply for a place at Surrey through Clearing call us from 7am on 16 August.
How do I apply for Adjustment at Surrey?
1. Make sure you're registered for Adjustment.
2. View available courses below.
3. To apply for a place call us on the Clearing hotline – the phone number will go live at 7am on 16 August.
4. Tell us you're applying through Adjustment and give us your UCAS ID (please note that we won’t be able to see your application unless you've registered for Adjustment with UCAS).
5. We’ll check you've met and exceeded your conditions of your firm choice (remember, if you contact us on results day there could be a short delay while your application is updated).
6. If we can offer you a place and you decide to accept, we’ll advise you verbally and formally accept you through UCAS.
7. You’ll then be able to view this on your UCAS Track and will receive confirmation from UCAS.
How do I register for Adjustment?
Click ‘Register for Adjustment’ on the choices screen in in UCAS Track – remember, you need to have met and exceeded the conditions of your firm choice.
If originally you only applied for one course (for the reduced fee of £13) you'll have to pay an additional £11 to be able to apply to multiple courses.
Your original unconditional firm (UF) choice will be safe if you try Adjustment. If you don't find anything you'll only lose your place if you confirm you'd like to go elsewhere and the new university/college adds itself to your application.
How long is Adjustment open?
Adjustment is available between 16 and 31 August.
You only have five 24-hour periods (including weekends) within this time to take advantage of Adjustment, starting from when your conditional firm (CF) offer changes to unconditional firm (UF), or on A-level results day – whichever is the latter.
Find out more on the UCAS website.
Can I visit the university before accepting an Adjustment or Clearing offer?
Yes, if you are made an offer via Clearing or Adjustment, you are welcome to come along for a tour of the campus on:
- Friday 17 August, 1pm to 5pm
- Saturday 18 August, 10:30am to 2:30pm.
Tours will depart from the Austin Pearce Building, which will be signposted as you arrive on campus.
Find out how to get to the University of Surrey.
Can I apply for University accommodation if I get an offer through Adjustment or Clearing?
Yes! We're pleased to say that we can guarantee accommodation for clearing students, as long as you meet the following conditions:
In order to be guaranteed accommodation, you need to:
- Refer yourself via UCAS to the University of Surrey by 18:00 (BST) on Friday 17 August.
- If we need any documentation to issue your offer, the University of Surrey will email you on Saturday 18 August and you will need to supply this by 18:00 (BST) on Sunday 19 August.
- You will then be able to apply for accommodation from 12:00 (BST) on Tuesday 21 August. The deadline to submit your accommodation application is 14:00 (BST) on Wednesday 22 August. Applications for accommodation received after this time will not be guaranteed, any remaining rooms available will be offered on a first-come first-served basis.
We endeavour to support students who do not have a place in University accommodation by providing advice and guidance about renting in the private sector. Learn more about finding somewhere to live in Guildford and see our full accommodation policies.
We hope this is useful - any questions just ask!
Find out more