The Student Room Group

I didn't see the last page

okay i was wondering if anyone else didn't see the last page on the AQA Chemistry paper 2 because I didn't. I only realized when the examiner picked up my paper. I f l o p p e d that paper for sure.
Reply 1
I did
If it makes you feel any better, I accidentally left out a whole QWC in one of my physics GCSE papers and still managed to come out with an A*
You never know what the grade boundaries are going to be like, so don't worry too much about it :smile:
Original post by lemon27
If it makes you feel any better, I accidentally left out a whole QWC in one of my physics GCSE papers and still managed to come out with an A*
You never know what the grade boundaries are going to be like, so don't worry too much about it :smile:

What is QWC?
Original post by Iahmed512
What is QWC?

quality of written communication. I think it's called QER now, just the long essay type questions in some exams
I thought that 'there was a question on the last page' was a joke, can you remember what it was? Also, what makes you think you flopped? (other than missing the last question).
Original post by lemon27
quality of written communication. I think it's called QER now, just the long essay type questions in some exams

Oh, yeah I know what you mean, thanks. Usually they just say in the question. the quality of written communication is assessed rather than the question type being called that.
Oh, yeah I know what you mean, thanks. Usually they just say in the question. the quality of written communication is assessed rather than the question type being called that.

oh right, I did WJEC they usually put it in brackets next to the question so you don't forget...clearly didn't work with me lol
Original post by lemon27
oh right, I did WJEC they usually put it in brackets next to the question so you don't forget...clearly didn't work with me lol

Do you mean about turning over for the next question or the number of marks? Either way they usually make it quite clear, although in an exam you might not read it might look at it but not think about it.
Do you mean about turning over for the next question or the number of marks? Either way they usually make it quite clear, although in an exam you might not read it might look at it but not think about it.

The number of marks, it was in the middle of the paper so I skipped it with the intentions to come back to it but just completely forgot until I closed my exam paper and glanced at the front cover where it mentioned the QWC question
Original post by lemon27
The number of marks, it was in the middle of the paper so I skipped it with the intentions to come back to it but just completely forgot until I closed my exam paper and glanced at the front cover where it mentioned the QWC question

Oh I've done that then with religious studies and it was also with wjec, eduqas to be precise but it's basically the same at least in England maybe not Wales. I assume you're in Wales since you did WJEC or was it with I.T since that's the main or only exam board for it.
Oh I've done that then with religious studies and it was also with wjec, eduqas to be precise but it's basically the same at least in England maybe not Wales. I assume you're in Wales since you did WJEC or was it with I.T since that's the main or only exam board for it.

Yeah I'm in Wales so stuck with WJEC, sadly.
Original post by lemon27
Yeah I'm in Wales so stuck with WJEC, sadly.

Wjec seems decent, and not too bad but for Religious studies it seems to be harder although I may be biased a bit.
Wjec seems decent, and not too bad but for Religious studies it seems to be harder although I may be biased a bit.

It's quite hard but then again, I haven't taken exams with any other exam board so I can't compare. The main issue with WJEC is probably their lack of resources for exams which makes revision so much harder.
Original post by lemon27
It's quite hard but then again, I haven't taken exams with any other exam board so I can't compare. The main issue with WJEC is probably their lack of resources for exams which makes revision so much harder.

Yeah it's probably just because of being a Welsh exam board being the reason for having less resources. It' shard to judge without having done different boards, but I've done edexcel, aqa, ocr, wjec/eduqas, so it makes me slightly less biased and easier to judge but of course only one exam board for each subject so at the some not.
Yeah it's probably just because of being a Welsh exam board being the reason for having less resources. It' shard to judge without having done different boards, but I've done edexcel, aqa, ocr, wjec/eduqas, so it makes me slightly less biased and easier to judge but of course only one exam board for each subject so at the some not.

If I could pick, I would've liked to have done AQA as it seems like they have a lot of resources and support. But I could be wrong
Original post by lemon27
If I could pick, I would've liked to have done AQA as it seems like they have a lot of resources and support. But I could be wrong

They do have a lot of resources but not as much as Edexcel cause they're more paranoid, with aqa past papers, marks schemes and examiners reports are all released together 1 year after, and are also removed within 3 years, for edexcel papers and mark schemes are available 6 months after an exam and the examiners report, they also have examples released just throughout the year, aqa have very few examplars and sometimes not at all. A lot of resources are available still for aqa but just through the school

Quick Reply

Latest