The Student Room Group

Do clearing universities lower their entry requirements?

What do you say when you are speaking to the administration office?
Reply 1
usually

I know a person who studied Btecs in subjects that are not even related to computer science yet he studies computer science at Leicester.

So I guess it depends on the university by how much.
Original post by CarefreeDreams
What do you say when you are speaking to the administration office?

Often, but not always. In the past I've seen requirements get lowered after a few days.
Requirements will drop for less in demand courses and for some prestigious courses (top RGs) can even rise!
Reply 4
Original post by Realitysreflexx
for some prestigious courses (top RGs) can even rise!

For example linkage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
For example linkage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personal experience from a m8 who went thru clearing last year, kings asked for A*A*A in managment clearing, yet made offers for A*AA in reg cycle (offers).
Reply 6
It depends how many places they need to fill, but quite often they will be 1 to 2 grades lower.
Reply 7
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Personal experience from a m8 who went thru clearing last year, kings asked for A*A*A in managment clearing, yet made offers for A*AA in reg cycle (offers).

Ah, that's a specific initiative at KCL for so-called "superstars".
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/clearing/adjustment/superstars.aspx
Not just Management, it also has Film Studies (one of your favourite courses I think?) at A*A*A instead of AAB.

Meanwhile they also have about 100 courses in Clearing that don't have inflated grade requiremements.
Original post by Doonesbury
Ah, that's a specific initiative at KCL for so-called "superstars".
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/clearing/adjustment/superstars.aspx
Not just Management, it also has Film Studies (one of your favourite courses I think?) at A*A*A instead of AAB.

Meanwhile they also have about 100 courses in Clearing that don't have inflated grade requiremements.

Interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending