tahmid011200
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Basically, is a level 4 a grade C or is level 5 a grade C. Im confused cos my teachers keep saying i need a 5 or above if i want to go to college but college websites and all jobs i look at require 5 A* to C levels including maths and english. So will i get these jobs/colleges if i get 4 to 9?
ashestostardust
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
4 = standard pass. 5 = strong pass. Colleges tend to look for strong passes and I guess it depends on the employer to see if they want to discriminate between the two.
lizmaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
a 4 is equivilant to a pass (the old c)
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A 4 is equivalent to a low C. A 5 is equivalent to a high C. It varies from college to college whether a 4 or a 5 is 'equivalent' to a C - so make sure you check the relevant websites.
Here is a handy guide for the comparisons

Good luck
tahmid011200
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by awanderingpixel)
A 4 is equivalent to a low C. A 5 is equivalent to a high C. It varies from college to college whether a 4 or a 5 is 'equivalent' to a C - so make sure you check the relevant websites.
Here is a handy guide for the comparisons

Good luck
Thanks for the help, ill be sure to check it out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (774)
42.07%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed