Smooth Sailing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I'll be beginning at Swansea uni next month, and am curious as to if there is any kind of music scene in the city, particularly punk or metal, as this is something I would be interested in whilst living there (by interested in I mean going to see bands - I'm a hopeless guitarist).
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and gets back to you
Frankston
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are a few live music venues in the city centre yeah (The Vault, The Office, Sin City), and some venues further out in Uplands too (Whitez) that have live music. Plenty of punk gigs, not sure about metal but I'd imagine so.
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

Music is a big part of Swansea nightlife and we have a big gig scene - check out this facebook page which you may find useful when studying here It keeps you updated on all live bands/gigs on in Swansea! https://www.facebook.com/groups/257127181399411/about/

Hope you enjoy at Swansea!
Smooth Sailing
Rep:
?
(Original post by Swansea University Enquiries)
Hi there,

Music is a big part of Swansea nightlife and we have a big gig scene - check out this facebook page which you may find useful when studying here It keeps you updated on all live bands/gigs on in Swansea! https://www.facebook.com/groups/257127181399411/about/

Hope you enjoy at Swansea!
(Original post by Frankston)
There are a few live music venues in the city centre yeah (The Vault, The Office, Sin City), and some venues further out in Uplands too (Whitez) that have live music. Plenty of punk gigs, not sure about metal but I'd imagine so.
Thank you, much appreciated!
KaliParadox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, i'm starting uni at swansea soon like you and I live here. I haven't been to any gigs yet as I've only just turned 18 but I've heard Sin city is really good for cover bands. I love metal/punk too so if I see any events i'll give u a message.
Buxton100
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey I start in September too any good venues for DNB and house vibe music
username4257218
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you like metal and rock music defiantly check out Jack Murphy’s on wind street they play that kinda music
Smooth Sailing
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nocturnalgirl)
If you like metal and rock music defiantly check out Jack Murphy’s on wind street they play that kinda music
Thanks I'll look into it, much appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads