rbrose123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I started studying architecture in September 2017, over the duration of the academic year I had my concerns regarding wether I was right for the course. In May I made my decision that I wanted to change courses, I was strongly thinking about transferring to the real estate course however I was also considering other courses as well as this was a really big decision for me as I knew there was no turning back once I started a new course. My course leader contacted the real estate team to help me through this transition and they told her that I would need to pass my first year in architecture in order to obtain a place on the real estate course, however when I received this information it was already too late to pass as I had missed a deadline. My course leader told me that I would be able to resit in July and that after this she’d place me on an interruption of study and then I could apply to transfer to the real estate course. I completed the resit in July and really enjoyed the project and felt the connection with the architecture course I had been searching for all year and I had started to have a change of heart about the architecture course and subsequently fell back in love with the subject. Upon the release of the results, my results sheet said I had been withdrawn from the course, I contacted My course leader and she told me that I would have to re-apply for the course as admin had withdrawn me as I had initially planned to transfer, however I should’ve been placed on an interruption of study. I read through the Universities withdrawal policy to see what could be done about reversing a withdrawal and it said that if there had been an admin error that students can be re-enrolled, this fits my situation as I had the view to be placed on an interruption of study not be withdrawn from the programme. I would’ve never agreed to change courses if I knew that I would be withdrawn from the university, I was told I would be placed on an interruption of study and that’s what I was going by.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rbrose123)
Hi,

I started studying architecture in September 2017, over the duration of the academic year I had my concerns regarding wether I was right for the course. In May I made my decision that I wanted to change courses, I was strongly thinking about transferring to the real estate course however I was also considering other courses as well as this was a really big decision for me as I knew there was no turning back once I started a new course. My course leader contacted the real estate team to help me through this transition and they told her that I would need to pass my first year in architecture in order to obtain a place on the real estate course, however when I received this information it was already too late to pass as I had missed a deadline. My course leader told me that I would be able to resit in July and that after this she’d place me on an interruption of study and then I could apply to transfer to the real estate course. I completed the resit in July and really enjoyed the project and felt the connection with the architecture course I had been searching for all year and I had started to have a change of heart about the architecture course and subsequently fell back in love with the subject. Upon the release of the results, my results sheet said I had been withdrawn from the course, I contacted My course leader and she told me that I would have to re-apply for the course as admin had withdrawn me as I had initially planned to transfer, however I should’ve been placed on an interruption of study. I read through the Universities withdrawal policy to see what could be done about reversing a withdrawal and it said that if there had been an admin error that students can be re-enrolled, this fits my situation as I had the view to be placed on an interruption of study not be withdrawn from the programme. I would’ve never agreed to change courses if I knew that I would be withdrawn from the university, I was told I would be placed on an interruption of study and that’s what I was going by.
Go and see the student advisor and then probably make a complaint or an academic appeal. They will be forced to review their decision.

You need to make your mind up about what you want as it looks very shaky. Not sure it would be too hard to get in again as its BCU. What does your tutor say. It wouldnt surprise me if the uni department were indifferent at taking you back as you sound a bit exhausting.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ivepndfzli-Gy5

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...kTXvFdiOBzDr0D

http://www.bcu.ac.uk/cmsproxyimage?p...e-and-form.pdf

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6kiyZRqSftQGef

Dont miss any deadlines.

Look hey have places in clearing and you would get fresh marks.

https://digital.ucas.com/search/resu...earchbarbutton
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.03%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.94%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.38%
No unconditional offers (171)
67.86%

Watched Threads