Parents making so much noise, can't revise properly. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am trying to revise effectively and can only do some effective revision when the noise is absolutely minimal. Problem is that my parents make so much noise, my mum makes an awful lot of noise with my little brother who has Down's syndrome and my dad watches the TV next door from where I can hear the sound. Whenever I tell them to turn the noise down my mum tells me to get lost and my dad simply ignores me. And the ironic thing is that whenever I end up getting bad grades my parents always have a go at me saying why have I got such bad grades and that I am **** and all that, ehm excuse me but you didn't allow me to revise properly with all the noise you have been making so why should my results be a shock to you?
Hearing their noise all the time simply makes my brain so attached to it that whenever I revise I concentrate more on the noise they make than actually focusing on the learning material.
Should I get some earblockers instead? Like I am being serious, really good ear blockers would certainly help.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Noise cancelling headphones should help x
Kaur:)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can go to a local library and study there.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Kaur:))
You can go to a local library and study there.
Libraries tend to close after late evenings, I sometimes revise during lunchtimes, sometimes in the evenings and sometimes both at the same day. Library times are not flexible with me and I also need to use the computer at times and many people at my library use computers is not guaranteed there will always be a free computer for me.
JustSomeoneAlone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Listen to classical music.
Kaur:)
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Libraries tend to close after late evenings, I sometimes revise during lunchtimes, sometimes in the evenings and sometimes both at the same day. Library times are not flexible with me and I also need to use the computer at times and many people at my library use computers is not guaranteed there will always be a free computer for me.
Well I guess you need to get yourself some headphones then 🎧.
You can also go and work at a coffee shop when you don’t need the computer.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ForeverAQx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am trying to revise effectively and can only do some effective revision when the noise is absolutely minimal. Problem is that my parents make so much noise, my mum makes an awful lot of noise with my little brother who has Down's syndrome and my dad watches the TV next door from where I can hear the sound. Whenever I tell them to turn the noise down my mum tells me to get lost and my dad simply ignores me. And the ironic thing is that whenever I end up getting bad grades my parents always have a go at me saying why have I got such bad grades and that I am **** and all that, ehm excuse me but you didn't allow me to revise properly with all the noise you have been making so why should my results be a shock to you?
Hearing their noise all the time simply makes my brain so attached to it that whenever I revise I concentrate more on the noise they make than actually focusing on the learning material.
Should I get some earblockers instead? Like I am being serious, really good ear blockers would certainly help.
Ear plugs or noise cancelling earphones may help, or you could always go to a local library or a quiet coffee shop.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with noise cancelling headphones, and there are some great YouTube videos that you can listen to that will help. Just search for "white noise" or "background noise" and try a few. You'll find one that suits you no problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (190)
12.74%
Excited (123)
8.25%
Worried (279)
18.71%
Terrified (343)
23%
Meh (124)
8.32%
Confused (35)
2.35%