I messed up ... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
About 2 weeks ago this guy snapped me and told me he liked me... I kind of liked him too but I didn't tell him and instead said we should just be friends because he is a bit of a player and I didn't want to mess up being mates. Anyway we snap every day and yesterday we had a jokey argument and he said he'd blank me so I said fine. Then I went on the chat and said 'I have a confession... I liked you too but I didn't wanna get played' and deleted it straight away to annoy him but I didn't think he would see. I know that's stupid, but I did it. So he blanked me yesterday and today we were talking and he brought it up and I said oh i was messing i didn't think you saw and he's blanking me again but talking on the group chat, he's not opening my messages. Like I said he's abit of a player he's talking to 3 other girls I know he is and I don't actually fancy him I think I just like him as a person, but he said 'what you did was really mean' and stopped opening my messages, what can I do to fix this? thanks x
so5tired758
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It's a hard one...
ProbablyPallas
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How old are you both? Honestly, just apologise and forget about it. If you don't actually like him, why does it matter? Be civil with him and nice with him to keep him as a friend, he's probably just messing with you if you said he's a player and he has that type of personality. Come another two weeks you'll both have forgotten the whole fiasco x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4203506
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
About 2 weeks ago this guy snapped me and told me he liked me... I kind of liked him too but I didn't tell him and instead said we should just be friends because he is a bit of a player and I didn't want to mess up being mates. Anyway we snap every day and yesterday we had a jokey argument and he said he'd blank me so I said fine. Then I went on the chat and said 'I have a confession... I liked you too but I didn't wanna get played' and deleted it straight away to annoy him but I didn't think he would see. I know that's stupid, but I did it. So he blanked me yesterday and today we were talking and he brought it up and I said oh i was messing i didn't think you saw and he's blanking me again but talking on the group chat, he's not opening my messages. Like I said he's abit of a player he's talking to 3 other girls I know he is and I don't actually fancy him I think I just like him as a person, but he said 'what you did was really mean' and stopped opening my messages, what can I do to fix this? thanks x
Stop playing games
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Evelynlikestea)
How old are you both? Honestly, just apologise and forget about it. If you don't actually like him, why does it matter? Be civil with him and nice with him to keep him as a friend, he's probably just messing with you if you said he's a player and he has that type of personality. Come another two weeks you'll both have forgotten the whole fiasco x
We're 16, I know I was stupid and took messing with him too far but he definitely takes it too far with me aswel, I'm just super embarrassed especially if he tells people... Just don't want to lose a mate we have good banter
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You're calling him a player but you're playing with his emotions. If you like him, tell him that. If you don't, don't imply otherwise. Right now you're sending two different messages to the poor guy and that's unfair.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ingrownhair)
Stop playing games
I know it's pathetic but I don't wanna lose a friend...
ProbablyPallas
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
We're 16, I know I was stupid and took messing with him too far but he definitely takes it too far with me aswel, I'm just super embarrassed especially if he tells people... Just don't want to lose a mate we have good banter
Literally just apologise for it, and forget about it. If he tells people just say you were joking around and draw a line under that. If he continues to tell people and embarrass you about it, I wouldn't stay friends with him. If he's your friend, trust him not to go against your wishes if it's bothering you. Just be open and honest with him, if he isn't mature enough to take it on board, I'd personally drop him.
username4203506
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I know it's pathetic but I don't wanna lose a friend...
Just be honest with him, if you mess him around too much you will lose him I’m afraid, good luck
bria.vp
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Then just be friends, he’s clearly not doing anything for your self esteem. Leave it alone and find someone better for you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
You're calling him a player but you're playing with his emotions. If you like him, tell him that. If you don't, don't imply otherwise. Right now you're sending two different messages to the poor guy and that's unfair.
The thing is he plays games with me all the time... he'll say cheesy flirty things that he knows make me like him abit when I know full well he's flirting with other girls... I know that I shouldn't get so hung up on him and I can feel that he's playing me but I can't help myself...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads