Fell off that path- can't see any more stars... watch

• Community Assistant
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answer Heroes
    Nobody will hate you.:nah:

Glad you're making more friends.:hugs:

What has personal tutor done to be patronising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by entertainmyfaith)
    hope the musical goes well!
    haven't had any tests yet but i'm dreading them well done on your results though:rave:
    what film did you guys watch?:holmes:
    The new Mamma Mia film. I don't get the hype...

(Original post by 04MR17)
    Nobody will hate you.:nah:

Glad you're making more friends.:hugs:

What has personal tutor done to be patronising?
    Basically one person in the class said they didn't want to go to Oxbridge and then we got treated as if we were 5 years old because oh my word how could we ever not want to go to Oxbridge
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answer Heroes
    (Original post by Lewianter)
    Basically one person in the class said they didn't want to go to Oxbridge and then we got treated as if we were 5 years old because oh my word how could we ever not want to go to Oxbridge
    Cambridge gave me an offer and I turned them down.

It's not for everyone, and do what's right for you. For a few people in that classroom university isn't the best option, nevermind Oxbridge. You do you. Anyone who wants to be a snob about it doesn't deserve to be listened to.

ReputationRep:
    Tue Sep 18-

Guess who's having a good day for once.

In Chemistry this morning that girl called Katie wanted me to sit next to her so yes I'm definitely making friends- and then we did uses of the 5 types of radiation which I personally really enjoy.

Today a open thing with loads of free stuff (mainly those strange triangle highlighters, pens that don't work and condoms) was in the college so I picked up loads of stuff I'll never use, mainly as most of it is useless.

Then at half 11 I went home on a bus with only 1 other person on all the way home to see my gran who never has company. We're currently watching Countdown as I write this- watching countdown with Des O'Connor presenting when I was 5 was my first introduction to doing English and maths well and I have my gran to thank for that.

Musical meeting is later yayyyy

Will be back with more stuff later on.

ReputationRep:
    Tue Sep 18-

Guess who's having a good day for once.

In Chemistry this morning that girl called Katie wanted me to sit next to her so yes I'm definitely making friends- and then we did uses of the 5 types of radiation which I personally really enjoy.

Today a open thing with loads of free stuff (mainly those strange triangle highlighters, pens that don't work and condoms) was in the college so I picked up loads of stuff I'll never use, mainly as most of it is useless.

Then at half 11 I went home on a bus with only 1 other person on all the way home to see my gran who never has company. We're currently watching Countdown as I write this- watching countdown with Des O'Connor presenting when I was 5 was my first introduction to doing English and maths well and I have my gran to thank for that.

Musical meeting is later yayyyy

Will be back with more stuff later on.

Sounds like a good day, glad you’re enjoying it

I remember the free stuff at college, and the many free condoms :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well done for making friends! :woo:
    Free stuff is always good :yes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answer Heroes
    Hope the musical meeting goes well.:excited:

ReputationRep:
    tag me please!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The new Mamma Mia film. I don't get the hype...
    you're not alone! i don't care for mamma mia much myself:laugh: though i haven't watched the second one yet and don't intend to
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Glad you're making friends and that you had a good day!

ReputationRep:
    Thu Sep 20-

OK so my street is starting to flood this is bad...

Had an OK couple of days! Yesterday I had maths which was meh (we covered rationalizing from GCSE and made it harder basically), and physics which I very much enjoyed (we covered the basic principles of waves and learned what a phase was).

Today I was off in the morning and spent the afternoon in chemistry covering molar calculations with the lecturer who's a bit boring.

Went to orchestra with the college today- enjoyed it very much and will go every Thursday from now on.

I have quite a bit of homework to get done so I'm gonna go do that now- sorry for the short erratic updates thar keep happening.

OH BTW my musical meeting went fantastically I don't have the recording but to hear the cast sing one of my songs was a phenomenal moment.

ReputationRep:
    Thu Sep 20-

OK so my street is starting to flood this is bad...

Had an OK couple of days! Yesterday I had maths which was meh (we covered rationalizing from GCSE and made it harder basically), and physics which I very much enjoyed (we covered the basic principles of waves and learned what a phase was).

Today I was off in the morning and spent the afternoon in chemistry covering molar calculations with the lecturer who's a bit boring.

Went to orchestra with the college today- enjoyed it very much and will go every Thursday from now on.

I have quite a bit of homework to get done so I'm gonna go do that now- sorry for the short erratic updates thar keep happening.

OH BTW my musical meeting went fantastically I don't have the recording but to hear the cast sing one of my songs was a phenomenal moment.

Keep up the good work, u got this!
    • Community Assistant
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answer Heroes
    Awww I'm so glad you were happy with the musical meet.:love: :fan: Must have been such a great feeling.:blush:

ReputationRep:
    Sat Sep 22-

I'm not comfortable with how fast September is going.

Went to a party and inadvertedly recruited another 3 people for the musical. I don't know how I'm doing this.

Gotten through 12 pages of maths and 10 pages of chem today and miiight do physics and more maths after Strictly but depends on how tired I feel. I want to go back to dance classes myself- I used to love it then school got in the way and now there's less time than then.

I want to do chem. I feel like that's my future. I can sit for hours and hours working at chemistry. It's a very good subject, especially when it overlaps with physics.

I've been looking up some university open evenings and universities in general- I'm starting to be drawn to two above others and there's a few others in my head but I'm not ruling out anything altogether yet.

Is everyone else having a nice life?

Anyway, I'm off to grab some popcorn (I'm actually really not, I have braces, but rly want popcorn rn) and watch the first episode of Strictly Come Dancing with my mother. Danny better be good, I've already decided I'm rooting for him. And Joe Sugg can go do one.

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    :woo: for recruiting more people for the musical!
    glad to hear you're really enjoying chem:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Glad you've found something you want to do :yes:
    yeah, I'm not having a nice life but I agree.. September is going too fast :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Mon Sep 24-

Today I had PHYSICS, in which we did equations for resistance and stuff that was pretty much from GCSE so that was okay. Get the feeling somewhat that Wednesday's gonna take this and make it impossibly difficult so that won't be very fun.

Also had MUSIC in which we did a study of jazz music and a comparison between the 4 key genres- jazz is the one area I've made an effort to consistently avoid over the years and I didn't even realise how varied it is! I like some parts and learned some things class as jazz that I didn't even realise did so; music I already knew I enjoyed.

Half day tomorrow! Love a Tuesday, gotta say. I need to do more maths work...maths is my worst subject and I don't know anyone in the class so feel too scared to just ask somebody for help. Not good.

Also guess who's got an interview in McDonald's on Thursday? Am scared, first ever job interview.

I've started on a fitness drive- I've been trying to incorporate veg into everything and I've gone on a (nearly) 5k run 2 days in a row. But now I am in pain.

Also time for a liiiiittle rant-
    The buses to college are the most damn unreliable thing ever. They turn up 10 minutes late on most mornings at least and often arrive late, meaning I'm going into lectures late. We've complained. Our parents have complained. Now the lecturers have complained. It's very frustrating and as far as I'm concerned is causing losses to our education.
    It's not just the mornings. The bus at half past 4 today, the 2nd bus that leaves after college ends to go by where my friends and I live, was cancelled altogether. Because clearly we're not at all important.

ReputationRep:
    best of luck with the maths! please don't be scared to ask for help. your teachers don't want you to fail. they want you to do well (regardless of whether they show it or not) so please tell them if there's a topic/question you're unsure of.
    I'm sorry about the bus situation :console: is there another way you could get to school?
    • Community Assistant
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answer Heroes
    5k runs :eek4: - love the idea and it does help your brain, but don't do 5k everyday. Mix it up a bit so you don't bore yourself. Really well done though.:adore:

Can you not get an earlier bus?:curious:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    good luck for the job interview! i have one tomorrow
    glad to hear you're liking music

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.